English Language OCR (New spec - 2015-17) Help! Watch

hurricaneellin
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey guys, I recently sat a mock in which I got a D in, despite this I am currently working at a C- but predicted a C at the end of year 13! I don't do AS Levels with this spec so I have no idea where to start or what to do.

Can anybody help me out with how to improve, my teacher says I am loosing the most marks with my Topical language issues. Any pointers?

Thanks guys, good luck with your exams!

-HE xx
Fox Corner
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by hurricaneellin)
x
Hi! I've moved this to the English forum for you - you're more likely to get an answer here
hurricaneellin
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Thank you
jennaelizaaa
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey guys, I recently sat a mock in which I got a D in, despite this I am currently working at a C- but predicted a C at the end of year 13! I don't do AS Levels with this spec so I have no idea where to start or what to do.

Can anybody help me out with how to improve, my teacher says I am loosing the most marks with my Topical language issues. Any pointers?

-HE xx
Try using theorists and better terminology. Make a point, say what it does to the extract and why the writer would use it, maybe apply some context. Make sure you've split your paragraphs into lexis, grammar, discourse etc.
AGALL
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

-HE xx
Here's a resource for Topical Issues that I made that might help you. It's a load of example questions and I've bullet pointed possible answers - you could alternatively just take the questions and make up your own answers. Hope this helps x
Attached files
hurricaneellin
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by AGALL)
Here's a resource for Topical Issues that I made that might help you. It's a load of example questions and I've bullet pointed possible answers - you could alternatively just take the questions and make up your own answers. Hope this helps x
Thank you!!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Performance Design and Practice Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?