Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I Just attempted Solomon Paper G for C1, and i noticed that the wording and questions were really hard compared to the C1 Past paper e.g. 2015 C1 paper was nothing compared to the Solomon Paper. My question is do you think this year they will try to word questions like questions in the Solomon Paper?

ReputationRep:
    Probably not, Maths hasn't changed in it's specification yet (AQA). Solomon papers are only there to stretch the limits of C1 and make sure you thoroughly understand everything in C1.

Go through all the old AQA C1 past papers and you'll be good to go.

ReputationRep:
    My exam boards Edexcel, and hopefully xD i just hope they dnt do what they did for GCSE maths by making it alot harder than usual :/

ReputationRep:
    I hope they make all the papers hard!! It's more fun to do a challenging paper that gets you thinking than one which is really easy and dull!
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Hi! I moved this into the maths forum for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheProKi)
    I Just attempted Solomon Paper G for C1, and i noticed that the wording and questions were really hard compared to the C1 Past paper e.g. 2015 C1 paper was nothing compared to the Solomon Paper. My question is do you think this year they will try to word questions like questions in the Solomon Paper?
    The Solomon Press are totally independent of Edexcel - they just wrote some papers on the same material. The Solomon papers are widely considered to be more difficult than the exam papers themselves, so if you can do the Solomon paper you should have no problem at all with the real thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathHysteria)
    The Solomon Press are totally independent of Edexcel - they just wrote some papers on the same material. The Solomon papers are widely considered to be more difficult than the exam papers themselves, so if you can do the Solomon paper you should have no problem at all with the real thing
    They were written previous to the first past papers released by Edexcel in an attempt to mimic the papers by Edexcel but when the first few papers came out, it was found to be the case that the Solomon papers were harder - however, the more you move up in module, the smaller the difficulty differential becomes.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.