Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am in a predicament with my choices as the deadline is tomorrow!!

I am sure of my firm choice however I'm struggling with picking between Aberystwyth and Liverpool for my insurance. Aberystwyth is more of a safe bet but if I don't get into my firm I would prefer to go to Liverpool however it is the same requirements (AAB). Do you know if Liverpool will be more lenient if say I drop one grade or do you reckon I should stay with a safe bet and hope for clearing on results day if I don't get my firm?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by jamerson98)
    Hi, I am in a predicament with my choices as the deadline is tomorrow!!

I am sure of my firm choice however I'm struggling with picking between Aberystwyth and Liverpool for my insurance. Aberystwyth is more of a safe bet but if I don't get into my firm I would prefer to go to Liverpool however it is the same requirements (AAB). Do you know if Liverpool will be more lenient if say I drop one grade or do you reckon I should stay with a safe bet and hope for clearing on results day if I don't get my firm?
    Did you manage to make your decision yet? Personally i think that having the same grades for your firm and insurance is pretty risky, it depends what every other applicant gets whether they would take you with a dropped grade or not. I wouldn't put aberystywth down though as it sounds like you dont want to go there? Remember that although you can get released into clearing, they wont do it instantly and you need all the time you can get in clearing.

So to conclude, either put liverpool or have no insurance imo.

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool are known out of all the Russell Group unis to be the most lenient with grades. So unless it is super competitive this year, you could probably still get in missing it by 2 grades, maybe more. Although this can be good, it does also harm the view of the university's academic criteria. Nevertheless, good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys in the end after consulting the head of my sixth form I decided that aber uni was a safer fall back. However, after reading your inputs I feel that I may have made a mistake and feel as if Liverpool may have been more lenient that I was expecting.

This being said is there any way in which I can rectify my mistake or any course of action that would make it more plausible for me to get any spaces they may have?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.