Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Recovering from my anorexia/depression; help needed Watch

Every time I get off my ass and finally get back into a working mode, I **** up and wind up crying on the floor again. I used to be crazy motivated, studying nine hours a day without fail and going to the gym five times a week for two hours a session. Now I'm doing little work and little exercise, eating too much - I'm so goddam lazy.

I'm so behind with revision, no way I'll make my Cambridge offer if I keep this up. Every week or so I 'start new', get really hyped up and motivated, and wind up where I began. My teachers still see me as a "golden student" even when I'm six essays behind in their subject.

I started mimicking the behaviour of my first boyfriend who suffered from depression, in what I can only see as a pattern of self-sabotage

My therapist isn't as worried about me as she has been - I was technically supposed to leave child services a few months ago (I'm 18) but she figured I was well enough and wanted to stay on with me because she knows how to help me or whatever.

All since I 'got better' and became a normal teenager, going out, getting drunk, having sex etc. ****ing up work. Which I hate. I don't want to fail. I don't know how I would cope. I'm going out of mind for not doing any wok since 11:00 today. Sometimes I'm totally fine. I really hate my life.

I can't deal with how much of a failure I am right now.

Oh my god, I actually cannot explain to you how much I relate to this. I do not have anorexia, but I have struggled with depression for about a year, and I have my IB exams now and I spend half the time crying on the floor like you said. I am feeling really hyped in one moment, being all "I can do this, I'm gonna ace it", and in the next I have a panic attack.

Are you on antidepressants or something?

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Are you on antidepressants or something?
    No.. I've been seeing a therapist for four years now though, which helps.. I guess it's all ups and downs and we've gotta ride the dips in the road and all that cliched stuff haha

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 5, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.