Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

getting xbox chipped (games console not computer so not in wrong forum) watch

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had an xbox chipped, or know anyone who has?

any idea how much it costs if so?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leeroy)
    Has anyone had an xbox chipped, or know anyone who has?

any idea how much it costs if so?
    What do u mean chipped??

Is that when you put a chip in it that allows you to play both PAL and NTSC games?

ReputationRep:
    There's different chips isn't there? There's one that will let you play divx and .avi, change the hard drive and DVD drive etc. then there is for games and to play pirated games. There is an Xbox forum that has about mods. Some chips are easy to install, others require soldering to the board and can be very risky.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i know what you're talking about now. I have an XboX myself but I dont like to tamper with my stuff that much. Anyway, I remember being on a website that you can order these chips online and then you download a video which explains to you how to install them.

I dont remember the address of the website but you could easily find it if you search in google or yahoo.

Soldering isnt that bad, i've done quite a bit myself as part of my school work 4 years ago.

ReputationRep:
    The Microsoft warranty is only 1 year so after that, it doesn't really matter if you open it. There's a link about the chips here . A forum about it is here too.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.