TercioOfParma - Going from BBC to BBB in three weeks

Watch
TercioOfParma
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey, I have issues with revision (falling asleep in the chair) so I decided to give myself a bigger motivator than just my timetable by posting this. I am going to post here every night, and I am going to try to revise 3 hours a day on weekdays and 6 on weekends, as opposed to before now which I have managed probably 1.5 on weekdays and 2-3 on weekends.

Current AS grades:
Maths (C):
C1 : B (79 ums)
C2 : B (70 ums) RETAKE Went well
M1 : U(38 ums) RETAKE Went very well

Computing(B):
COMP1 (90 UMS) RETAKE Went very well
COMP2 (61 UMS)

History(B):
Unit 1N (75 ums)
Unit 2D (72 ums) Retake Went well

Predicted grades or received grades on modules being taken this year
Maths:
C2 : A
M1 : B <-- focus
C3 : A <--- Got 62 in the mock in december, and got similar in papers I have been doing recently
C4 : C <-- focus
D1 : A Went meh
M2 : E <-- not needed so I will put in no effort went badly

Overall : B

HIS 2D : A
HIS 3B: B <--- Focus Went very well
HIS 4: I know I got equivalent to a A* in this, although not exact UMS
Overall : B/A

COMP 1 : A (lost marks last year for stupid reasons, and the practical is looking a lot easier based off the code)
COMP3 : B <-- focus
COMP4: Unknown (computing teacher said I would get below a C at one point, although I put in tons of effort towards the end and wrote like 200 pages of checked and hopefully good stuff, I would be irritated if I didn't get at least a B)

Overall : B

I want to study computer science at kent, and got an offer of BBB for that, so It is imperative to meet that since my choices were as such that I didn't anticipate the kent offer being so low, so my insurance is actually a higher requirement than firm.

The plan, as I have stated, is to revise for 3 hours on weekdays and 6 hours on weekends. Weekdays will either be History or Computing and Maths. Will try to spend 50% of that time on a paper/exam questions. Have a plan that I have had issues keeping to written up in excel.

Go nuts and post if you want! If somebody can help me with revising history would be good, as there are so few questions published by the exam board it's kinda hard to revise it in the same way as maths or computing, which has masses of papers.

Today I am going to read up on the Elizabethan period between 1558-1572 in G.R Elton's book England Under The Tudors, and translate it into notes which will eventually become a sporcle quiz.
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It looks very organised :borat: good luck with this! :rave:
Abstract_Prism
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Good luck
Sacred Ground
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
TercioOfParma
Rep:
?
Revised history further, wrote around 5 pages of notes. Wrote a quiz here http://www.sporcle.com/games/gigarap...1572-mega-quiz

Took around 3 1/2 hours, so I have met the quota. May do a C3 paper for the hell of it.
TercioOfParma
Rep:
?
Have been very ill the last few days, hit 41 degrees. Managed to do half an M1 paper though and scored decently though.

Also got my official predicted grades: ACC.

My maths grade dropped from a B since I was focusing heavily on coursework last term, whereas I find computing mistifying.
TercioOfParma
Rep:
?
Today relearned algerbraic division and did c2 june 2008. Got decent marks aside from the stuff I haven't relearned
TercioOfParma
Rep:
?
Today I did:
- PowerPoint presentation on virus detection
- C4 January 2008 (save 7 & 8 since I haven't had time to relearn that bit yet) decent marks so far
- Going to do some study into M1 Statics, slopes and tension after dinner for 3 hours.
TercioOfParma
Rep:
?
Felt really ill today, didn't do anything
TercioOfParma
Rep:
?
Alright did
C2 June 2009 and January 2010
C4 January 2008
TercioOfParma
Rep:
?
For computing did:

Floating point numbers (IEEE, twos complement, Minifloat)
Backus naur form

Maths:

D1 June 2013
TercioOfParma
Rep:
?
revised comp3 in anticipation of the mock tomorrow
TercioOfParma
Rep:
?
Today and yesterday wrote a few algorithms for computing and revised circles for c2
TercioOfParma
Rep:
?
Today I wrote some more algorithms and such to do with data structures, did some tests on big o notation and reverse polish notation. Also attempted January 2009 C4 but failed spectacularly
TercioOfParma
Rep:
?
Made an A3 diagram on Charles I 1625-29 and made a quiz of it http://www.sporcle.com/games/gigarap...25-29-megaquiz
TercioOfParma
Rep:
?
Did Some questions on Sine and Cosine rule + radians
Did C2 January 2012 (65/75) and parts of Jan 13 and June 14
Also did some of C4 June 2009
TercioOfParma
Rep:
?
Did :
C2 Solomons A and B (68 and 62 respectively) and part of C
Did a diagram on Charles I personal rule and made a quiz based on it http://www.sporcle.com/games/gigarap...-rule-megaquiz
Did some COMP3 questions on algorithms, FSMS, BNF, Regex and Reverse Polish Notation
Added Something to the COMP1 code so that it outputs scores on termination

Managed to get about 6 hours in today in addition to school quite happy
TercioOfParma
Rep:
?
Was too tired out from mocks and other stuff to do much thursday and friday, although did about 1/2 of the Gold 3 and 4 edexcel c3 papers.

Revised 7 hours

Today I did : Solomon E C2 (62/75)
Did a A3 diagram on the fall of absolutism and made a quiz based on it http://www.sporcle.com/games/gigarap...utism-megaquiz
Solomon F C2 (68/75) (Kinda confused by the trapezium rule questions since they seem to mean different things in different papers with strips, and got it correct on this but not on C)
Did a full booklet on binary (Two's complement, Addition, Subtraction, Mutliplication) and Hexadecimal, Got the vast majority correct (>90%)
M1 June 2007 (64/75)
TercioOfParma
Rep:
?
Made a quiz on Communication methods and drew 1/2 of an A3 on it too http://www.sporcle.com/games/gigarap...s-methods-test
Did all my history quizzes again
Drew A3 on the rest of networks but didn't make a quiz

Overall, that was around about 7 hours of light revision, as opposed to yesterday which was quite heavy.
TercioOfParma
Rep:
?
Did C2 Solomon G (68/75)
Did some of Solomon H
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (320)
34.19%
No (616)
65.81%

Watched Threads