Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I have issues with revision (falling asleep in the chair) so I decided to give myself a bigger motivator than just my timetable by posting this. I am going to post here every night, and I am going to try to revise 3 hours a day on weekdays and 6 on weekends, as opposed to before now which I have managed probably 1.5 on weekdays and 2-3 on weekends.

Current AS grades:
    Maths (C):
    C1 : B (79 ums)
    C2 : B (70 ums) RETAKE Went well
    M1 : U(38 ums) RETAKE Went very well

Computing(B):
    COMP1 (90 UMS) RETAKE Went very well
    COMP2 (61 UMS)

History(B):
    Unit 1N (75 ums)
    Unit 2D (72 ums) Retake Went well

Predicted grades or received grades on modules being taken this year
    Maths:
    C2 : A
    M1 : B <-- focus
    C3 : A <--- Got 62 in the mock in december, and got similar in papers I have been doing recently
    C4 : C <-- focus
    D1 : A Went meh
    M2 : E <-- not needed so I will put in no effort went badly

Overall : B

HIS 2D : A
    HIS 3B: B <--- Focus Went very well
    HIS 4: I know I got equivalent to a A* in this, although not exact UMS
    Overall : B/A

COMP 1 : A (lost marks last year for stupid reasons, and the practical is looking a lot easier based off the code)
    COMP3 : B <-- focus
    COMP4: Unknown (computing teacher said I would get below a C at one point, although I put in tons of effort towards the end and wrote like 200 pages of checked and hopefully good stuff, I would be irritated if I didn't get at least a B)

Overall : B

I want to study computer science at kent, and got an offer of BBB for that, so It is imperative to meet that since my choices were as such that I didn't anticipate the kent offer being so low, so my insurance is actually a higher requirement than firm.

The plan, as I have stated, is to revise for 3 hours on weekdays and 6 hours on weekends. Weekdays will either be History or Computing and Maths. Will try to spend 50% of that time on a paper/exam questions. Have a plan that I have had issues keeping to written up in excel.

Go nuts and post if you want! If somebody can help me with revising history would be good, as there are so few questions published by the exam board it's kinda hard to revise it in the same way as maths or computing, which has masses of papers.

Today I am going to read up on the Elizabethan period between 1558-1572 in G.R Elton's book England Under The Tudors, and translate it into notes which will eventually become a sporcle quiz.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    It looks very organised :borat: good luck with this! :rave:

ReputationRep:
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Revised history further, wrote around 5 pages of notes. Wrote a quiz here http://www.sporcle.com/games/gigarap...1572-mega-quiz

Took around 3 1/2 hours, so I have met the quota. May do a C3 paper for the hell of it.

ReputationRep:
    Have been very ill the last few days, hit 41 degrees. Managed to do half an M1 paper though and scored decently though.

Also got my official predicted grades: ACC.

My maths grade dropped from a B since I was focusing heavily on coursework last term, whereas I find computing mistifying.

ReputationRep:
    Today relearned algerbraic division and did c2 june 2008. Got decent marks aside from the stuff I haven't relearned

ReputationRep:
    Today I did:
    - PowerPoint presentation on virus detection
    - C4 January 2008 (save 7 & 8 since I haven't had time to relearn that bit yet) decent marks so far
    - Going to do some study into M1 Statics, slopes and tension after dinner for 3 hours.

ReputationRep:
    Felt really ill today, didn't do anything

ReputationRep:
    Alright did
    C2 June 2009 and January 2010
    C4 January 2008

ReputationRep:
    For computing did:

Floating point numbers (IEEE, twos complement, Minifloat)
    Backus naur form

Maths:

D1 June 2013

ReputationRep:
    revised comp3 in anticipation of the mock tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    Today and yesterday wrote a few algorithms for computing and revised circles for c2

ReputationRep:
    Today I wrote some more algorithms and such to do with data structures, did some tests on big o notation and reverse polish notation. Also attempted January 2009 C4 but failed spectacularly

ReputationRep:
    Made an A3 diagram on Charles I 1625-29 and made a quiz of it http://www.sporcle.com/games/gigarap...25-29-megaquiz

ReputationRep:
    Did Some questions on Sine and Cosine rule + radians
    Did C2 January 2012 (65/75) and parts of Jan 13 and June 14
    Also did some of C4 June 2009

ReputationRep:
    Did :
    C2 Solomons A and B (68 and 62 respectively) and part of C
    Did a diagram on Charles I personal rule and made a quiz based on it http://www.sporcle.com/games/gigarap...-rule-megaquiz
    Did some COMP3 questions on algorithms, FSMS, BNF, Regex and Reverse Polish Notation
    Added Something to the COMP1 code so that it outputs scores on termination

Managed to get about 6 hours in today in addition to school quite happy

ReputationRep:
    Was too tired out from mocks and other stuff to do much thursday and friday, although did about 1/2 of the Gold 3 and 4 edexcel c3 papers.

Revised 7 hours

Today I did : Solomon E C2 (62/75)
    Did a A3 diagram on the fall of absolutism and made a quiz based on it http://www.sporcle.com/games/gigarap...utism-megaquiz
    Solomon F C2 (68/75) (Kinda confused by the trapezium rule questions since they seem to mean different things in different papers with strips, and got it correct on this but not on C)
    Did a full booklet on binary (Two's complement, Addition, Subtraction, Mutliplication) and Hexadecimal, Got the vast majority correct (>90%)
    M1 June 2007 (64/75)

ReputationRep:
    Made a quiz on Communication methods and drew 1/2 of an A3 on it too http://www.sporcle.com/games/gigarap...s-methods-test
    Did all my history quizzes again
    Drew A3 on the rest of networks but didn't make a quiz

Overall, that was around about 7 hours of light revision, as opposed to yesterday which was quite heavy.

ReputationRep:
    Did C2 Solomon G (68/75)
    Did some of Solomon H

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.