Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I don't know whether I sound silly, but I want to know what everyone used to pack, because I have no idea whether UEA will have space for suitcases etc in the rooms? I also have no idea on whether i will be able to fit in all my things in my room..im hoping to stay in the ziggurats.

ReputationRep:
    I brought 2 suitcases There was storage space under my bed in halls, not sure how common that is but I'm guessing you'd be able to put them somewhere!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not in the Ziggurats, but I brought a suitcase and managed to fit it under my bed! It's a good idea bringing one, and don't worry, there's loads to hidden storage spaces in your room at UEA
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    We did have the story of the student who took a suitcase around the supermarket for their food shopping to avoid the 5p bag charge (Daily Mail story here) so I guess they can have a multipurpose!

It depends how often you plan to go backwards and forwards from university, if you're planning to take a few trips home over the year it sounds beneficial.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chl0B0)
    I don't know whether I sound silly, but I want to know what everyone used to pack, because I have no idea whether UEA will have space for suitcases etc in the rooms? I also have no idea on whether i will be able to fit in all my things in my room..im hoping to stay in the ziggurats.
    Two suitcases, several vacuum packed bags and a few big carrier bags- there was enough room for all of them to stay in my room and just enough storage space for me. If you found there wasn't enough room to keep a suitcase, just unpack it then send it back in the car with your parents.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.