The Student Room Group

Edexcel gcse literature 2016

Hi, I need serious help with english literature, I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I am still yet to do my controlled assesment and haven't planned anything out yet, I don't even know how to answer the exam questions. Furthermore, we haven't even analysed all the poems in class, infact we have only done two. I am extremely comfortable with the other big subject such as Maths and Science but for some odd reason extremely struggle with literature. I don't know what to do. Please if you can help me out. I shall be eternally grateful.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hamza772000
Hi, I need serious help with english literature, I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I am still yet to do my controlled assesment and haven't planned anything out yet, I don't even know how to answer the exam questions. Furthermore, we haven't even analysed all the poems in class, infact we have only done two. I am extremely comfortable with the other big subject such as Maths and Science but for some odd reason extremely struggle with literature. I don't know what to do. Please if you can help me out. I shall be eternally grateful.

Hi, I did my Edexcel Literature exam last year (we did it a year early). Are you in yr 10 or 11? What books are you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you're in year 11, then its too late for the coursework supposedly, but its still possible...
Original post by lilacpotato
Hi, I did my Edexcel Literature exam last year (we did it a year early). Are you in yr 10 or 11? What books are you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Year 11. Books: Of Mice And Men and Great Expectations
Original post by Oblivion99
If you're in year 11, then its too late for the coursework supposedly, but its still possible...

I am. I don't know what to do?
Year 11. Books: Of Mice And Men and Great Expectations

How come you haven't done the coursework?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I'm on edexcel for lit and we didn't do coursework
Original post by lilacpotato
How come you haven't done the coursework?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I only have the controlled assessment.
Original post by Mlb37
I'm on edexcel for lit and we didn't do coursework
Have you done the controlled assessment?
Reply 9
Have you done the controlled assessment?

Nope, we just have 2 exams- drama and prose and unseen texts.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mlb37
Nope, we just have 2 exams- drama and prose and unseen texts.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh, never mind, how did you prepare for it or are preparing for it, any tips?
Reply 11
Oh, never mind, how did you prepare for it or are preparing for it, any tips?

We are going over Of Mice and Men and A View from the Bridge in lessons and doing exam style questions. At the moment I'm making mind maps on theme, context, plot and character for each text at home.
Not sure what to do for poetry though we haven't done it for aaaages in lessons

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mlb37
We are going over Of Mice and Men and A View from the Bridge in lessons and doing exam style questions. At the moment I'm making mind maps on theme, context, plot and character for each text at home.
Not sure what to do for poetry though we haven't done it for aaaages in lessons

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you have an exam on the 23rd of May?
Reply 13
Yep, drama and prose

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mlb37
Yep, drama and prose

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you ready? Was just wondering.
Reply 15
Well sort of, I've only done 1 lit mock for drama and prose but I got an a* so I'm just hoping I get questions I can write about. I don't think it's too hard it's just remembering quotes to back up points.
Are you ready?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mlb37
Well sort of, I've only done 1 lit mock for drama and prose but I got an a* so I'm just hoping I get questions I can write about. I don't think it's too hard it's just remembering quotes to back up points.
Are you ready?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is it possible to BLAG your way through? :smile:
Reply 17
Is it possible to BLAG your way through? :smile:

Probably tbh! As long as you know the book and play you have studied inside out I'm sure you'll be fine 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mlb37
Probably tbh! As long as you know the book and play you have studied inside out I'm sure you'll be fine 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
I do not know neither of the books inside out; literature is my weakest subject probably because I have never studied it properly, I guess it's never too late. :s-smilie:
Reply 19
I do not know neither of the books inside out; literature is my weakest subject probably because I have never studied it properly, I guess it's never too late. :s-smilie:

Oh damn.. well I suggest getting some revision guides, cgp ones are really helpful

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending