Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I need serious help with english literature, I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I am still yet to do my controlled assesment and haven't planned anything out yet, I don't even know how to answer the exam questions. Furthermore, we haven't even analysed all the poems in class, infact we have only done two. I am extremely comfortable with the other big subject such as Maths and Science but for some odd reason extremely struggle with literature. I don't know what to do. Please if you can help me out. I shall be eternally grateful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamza772000)
    Hi, I need serious help with english literature, I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I am still yet to do my controlled assesment and haven't planned anything out yet, I don't even know how to answer the exam questions. Furthermore, we haven't even analysed all the poems in class, infact we have only done two. I am extremely comfortable with the other big subject such as Maths and Science but for some odd reason extremely struggle with literature. I don't know what to do. Please if you can help me out. I shall be eternally grateful.
    Hi, I did my Edexcel Literature exam last year (we did it a year early). Are you in yr 10 or 11? What books are you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you're in year 11, then its too late for the coursework supposedly, but its still possible...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilacpotato)
    Hi, I did my Edexcel Literature exam last year (we did it a year early). Are you in yr 10 or 11? What books are you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Year 11. Books: Of Mice And Men and Great Expectations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oblivion99)
    If you're in year 11, then its too late for the coursework supposedly, but its still possible...
    I am. I don't know what to do?

ReputationRep:
    Year 11. Books: Of Mice And Men and Great Expectations
    How come you haven't done the coursework?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm on edexcel for lit and we didn't do coursework

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilacpotato)
    How come you haven't done the coursework?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I only have the controlled assessment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mlb37)
    I'm on edexcel for lit and we didn't do coursework
    Have you done the controlled assessment?

ReputationRep:
    Have you done the controlled assessment?
    Nope, we just have 2 exams- drama and prose and unseen texts.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mlb37)
    Nope, we just have 2 exams- drama and prose and unseen texts.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh, never mind, how did you prepare for it or are preparing for it, any tips?

ReputationRep:
    Oh, never mind, how did you prepare for it or are preparing for it, any tips?
    We are going over Of Mice and Men and A View from the Bridge in lessons and doing exam style questions. At the moment I'm making mind maps on theme, context, plot and character for each text at home.
    Not sure what to do for poetry though we haven't done it for aaaages in lessons

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mlb37)
    We are going over Of Mice and Men and A View from the Bridge in lessons and doing exam style questions. At the moment I'm making mind maps on theme, context, plot and character for each text at home.
    Not sure what to do for poetry though we haven't done it for aaaages in lessons

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you have an exam on the 23rd of May?

ReputationRep:
    Yep, drama and prose

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mlb37)
    Yep, drama and prose

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are you ready? Was just wondering.

ReputationRep:
    Well sort of, I've only done 1 lit mock for drama and prose but I got an a* so I'm just hoping I get questions I can write about. I don't think it's too hard it's just remembering quotes to back up points.
    Are you ready?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mlb37)
    Well sort of, I've only done 1 lit mock for drama and prose but I got an a* so I'm just hoping I get questions I can write about. I don't think it's too hard it's just remembering quotes to back up points.
    Are you ready?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Is it possible to BLAG your way through?

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible to BLAG your way through?
    Probably tbh! As long as you know the book and play you have studied inside out I'm sure you'll be fine 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mlb37)
    Probably tbh! As long as you know the book and play you have studied inside out I'm sure you'll be fine 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I do not know neither of the books inside out; literature is my weakest subject probably because I have never studied it properly, I guess it's never too late.

ReputationRep:
    I do not know neither of the books inside out; literature is my weakest subject probably because I have never studied it properly, I guess it's never too late.
    Oh damn.. well I suggest getting some revision guides, cgp ones are really helpful

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 12, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.