AQA B1 Biology Watch

_Xenon_
Badges: 12
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
OK relax! We will ace the upcoming examination for B1 Biology!

Who needs help or doesn't understand any topics in B1? I'm happy to help you out.

Who feels confident for the B1 exam?
username2437011
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
ME. Just need to go over the different cloning methods again.
shohaib712
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
can somebody answer these 2 questions please???
Do detritus feeders just feed on dead organisms and their waste materials only? or do they also break down/decompose the dead organisms too?

When dead organisms are decomposed by microorganisms - CO2 is returned to the atmosphere when the microbes repire + they also release nutrients in the soil, which are taken up by plants so that they can grow?

Thank you!
_Xenon_
Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by shohaib712)
can somebody answer these 2 questions please???
Do detritus feeders just feed on dead organisms and their waste materials only? or do they also break down/decompose the dead organisms too?

When dead organisms are decomposed by microorganisms - CO2 is returned to the atmosphere when the microbes repire + they also release nutrients in the soil, which are taken up by plants so that they can grow?

Thank you!
shohaib712

Here are the facts:
  • Detritus feeders are animals that eat dead and decaying material, e.g. earthworms.
  • Microorganisms and detritus feeders break down the waste products and dead bodies of organisms.
Now in response to your question: yes they do break down the waste products and dead bodies of organisms.

Here are the facts:
  • When plants, algae and animals die, some animals and microorganisms feed on their bodies.
  • Carbon is released into the atmosphere as carbon dioxide when these organisms respire.
  • By the time the microorganisms and detritus feeders have broken down the waste products and dead bodies of organisms in ecosystems and recycled the materials as plant nutrients, all the energy originally absorbed by green plants and algae has been transferred.
Spoiler:
Show
I hope this answers your question; if you have any further questions or would like me to clarify any points please feel free to ask me.

Cheers,
Xenon.
_Xenon_
(Original post by hamza772000)
ME. Just need to go over the different cloning methods again.
Good luck!
angel001
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi! I am not sure whether I am confident or not, really want to do well in this! Any advice on what to do?
rayestar
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
any predictions for 6 markers?
Spoiler:
Show
I know people are gonna say don't rely on them but I just wanna know what topic are likely to come up since some topics haven't came up yet as 6 markers
sulaimanali
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Drugs/GM+Cloning - 6 marker
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • King's College London
    Postgraduate Taught Courses - Arts & Sciences - Strand Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (37)
14.12%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
8.02%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (55)
20.99%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (38)
14.5%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (32)
12.21%
How can I be the best version of myself? (79)
30.15%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed