idontknowmedoyou
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
How does Shakespeare present the female characters in othello and what role do they play in the tragedy? Any general ideas would help a lot, and any zoomed in or zoomed out point, thanks!
Fox Corner
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by idontknowmedoyou)
How does Shakespeare present the female characters in othello and what role do they play in the tragedy? Any general ideas would help a lot, and any zoomed in or zoomed out point, thanks!
Hi! I've moved this into the English forum for you - you're more likely to get an answer here
idontknowmedoyou
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
can anyone help????
golidlocks
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by idontknowmedoyou)
can anyone help????
Well, the main female characters; Desdemona and Emilia, are both killed by their husbands in anger. This is tragic, as both fulfilled the role of a medieval Shakespearean wife very well, but were still killed.

Desdemona is faithful until the end, 'a guiltless death I die', this is tragic as she never does anything wrong, yet is slapped and murdered by Othello - and she still forgives him, showing she was pure of heart and loved Othello no matter what.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (123)
43.01%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (45)
15.73%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (113)
39.51%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (5)
1.75%

Watched Threads