Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I am 29 and have no degree or job still live with my parents and no girlfriend or friends. I know life isn't a race but I have no real life experiences and feel so low about it. A lot of it is based around (in my view) my appearance and lack of self confidence about it. I also get made fun of therefore tend to avoid meeting new people and having new experiences. Now I am nearly 30 I feel devastated about how things have worked out for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I am 29 and have no degree or job still live with my parents and no girlfriend or friends. I know life isn't a race but I have no real life experiences and feel so low about it. A lot of it is based around (in my view) my appearance and lack of self confidence about it. I also get made fun of therefore tend to avoid meeting new people and having new experiences. Now I am nearly 30 I feel devastated about how things have worked out for me.
    Hard to say much without details, if you don't like that you don't have a degree, try get one? Same with the job, even if it's temp agency stuff or part time. You gotta start somewhere.

As for friends, you got any hobbies? If you do, frequent the online places people talk about em. Go to places IRL where people do them or talk about them. It's all about doing, just get yourself out there basically.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    It's never too late to turn it around. My boyfriend is 26 and he dropped out of school when he was about 16. He's almost finished an Access course and is going to university in September, I also helped him get a part time job when he hadn't worked for about 8 years.

As I always say to him, in a way, 'late bloomers' are in a better position. You have all your student finance in tact and if you do choose to go to uni you still can. You're in a far better position than people like me who rushed into uni and ended up working in a field completely unrelated to your degree.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 4, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.