Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I've been offered a place at Hertfordshire 2016 for 3D video game art and design. This is all fine and dandy, but my biggest worry is what is the wifi like in the new halls? I've applied almost exclusively to the newly built ones. I'm pretty involved in e sports and streaming and Skype calls and that, so not having decent connection would be like a death send lol. Thanks )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0palite)
    Hi! I've been offered a place at Hertfordshire 2016 for 3D video game art and design. This is all fine and dandy, but my biggest worry is what is the wifi like in the new halls? I've applied almost exclusively to the newly built ones. I'm pretty involved in e sports and streaming and Skype calls and that, so not having decent connection would be like a death send lol. Thanks )
    I should also ask if any kind of upgrade is available! A friend at another uni can get faster wifi for £59 a year, which sounds good to me :') thanks guys, may the fourth be with you

ReputationRep:
    we don't pay for wifi when in halls or in uni in general (comes out of rent) so there are no upgrades for it.

.... This year they've had issues with the wifi mainly due to the unprecedented number of students that start last September more devices connecting meant a slowly speed , Over the summer they are upgrading the network and its getting faster .. All the rooms have ethernet cable access and you can get an ethernet cable for free once you've move in from the oval (accommodation office) ...... Whilst ethernet isn't wifi, it will always be the fastest . I've been in the new builds and the wifi is pretty decent

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 12, 2016
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.