The Student Room Group

How long until you hear back after an interview?

I had a training contract interview on Friday, they said they would be in touch soon. I am not sure what "soon" means. Any idea how long it can take to hear back?
Original post by Mimi1233
I had a training contract interview on Friday, they said they would be in touch soon. I am not sure what "soon" means. Any idea how long it can take to hear back?

I would wait at least two weeks, then if you haven't heard anything, it might be worth getting in touch just to ask about the timescale and next steps. Once you've had an interview, it's not overly pushy to check in after a reasonable amount of time so long as you're polite about it.

With hiring, I've often found things end up moving more slowly than the people who are hiring would like. If the company has a HR department, they can cause delays and sometimes it can be difficult to schedule a meeting with everyone who needs to be involved in deciding who to hire/who to ask back for a second interview. Equally, this is the sort of vague thing people say when they aren't 100% sure how long the hiring process will take.

Hopefully they are in touch with good news fairly "soon"!
Reply 2
It's a month on Wednesday since my post-AC partner interview and I haven't heard anything. Should I give a call to HR or keep waiting?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending