Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Student Finance England - Compelling Reasons letter - Please help! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I'm sending a letter to student finance for compelling reasons to pull back a year of funding.

In 2012 I withdrew from a university due to my biological mother contacting me. Around June 2012 I was requested to resubmit some work for that academic year otherwise I wouldn't be able to progress into my third year. This is when she first contacted me and it sent me into disarray.

I eventually failed in the work I handed in resulting in me having to withdraw from the university and apply to another.

I'm now wanting to pull that year of funding back so I'm just wondering what student finance would accept from me, before sending it to them!

I have a confirmation letter from the adoption agency of when she contacted me (June 2012) and also a medical note for treating my depression that started from that (but I was only treated for it last year so I'm not sure if it's worth sending that doctor's note)

I'd just like to know how likely I am to get this funding back if I send in this evidence.

Thank you!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by itslikecoffee)
    Hi everyone, I'm sending a letter to student finance for compelling reasons to pull back a year of funding.

In 2012 I withdrew from a university due to my biological mother contacting me. Around June 2012 I was requested to resubmit some work for that academic year otherwise I wouldn't be able to progress into my third year. This is when she first contacted me and it sent me into disarray.

I eventually failed in the work I handed in resulting in me having to withdraw from the university and apply to another.

I'm now wanting to pull that year of funding back so I'm just wondering what student finance would accept from me, before sending it to them!

I have a confirmation letter from the adoption agency of when she contacted me (June 2012) and also a medical note for treating my depression that started from that (but I was only treated for it last year so I'm not sure if it's worth sending that doctor's note)

I'd just like to know how likely I am to get this funding back if I send in this evidence.

Thank you!
    It really isn't possible to say - I would definitely suggest sending the medical note as well as your letter explaining the situation and the letter from the adoption agency. The more evidence the better in these cases.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.