Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I have an exam in 3 working days time, is it too late to email counselling service to ask for exam in a separate room. they have a rule to tell them 4 weeks in advance of adjustments, will they get annoyed about this. I felt like I was having a panic attack in one of my January exams so left early before finishing, I don't want the same thing to happen again.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    You might as well ask. presumably they already know about your condition form your GP? As you say you are well outside the the deadline, so you need to eb realistic. They might already have others in a seperate room otherwise they would have to arrange staff cover or pay someone.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    I would still talk to them about this.

You may find that if you're in a separate room, a few others will be in there too.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have an exam in 3 working days time, is it too late to email counselling service to ask for exam in a separate room. they have a rule to tell them 4 weeks in advance of adjustments, will they get annoyed about this. I felt like I was having a panic attack in one of my January exams so left early before finishing, I don't want the same thing to happen again.
    Worth asking still. If they already have a seperate room for others (usuallly do) they will probably be able to switch you over to being there. If there is nobody already in a seperate room or you wanted to be in a room by yourself rather than a few others they would have to get another examiner to acompany you and would not be able to do that in 3 days. Just remember to be really nice about it and appologise for being late etc, manners go a long way in situations like this.

If you feel like you are having a panic attack again be sure to tell the examiners about it and they may be able to let you outside to calm down for a while or make other allowances at the time instead of you having to leave early.

In the future also look into dsa which would enable you to access exam support such as a seperate room for all exams.

Good luck. Hope they manage to help you out

thanks I did ask, she got back to me and said exam preparation is well under away and the deadline has passed so it cant be done. I'm going to reply and ask if I can sit at the back or near an exit.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 4, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.