Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I recently won a bid and tried to buy the item, but for some reason my payment wasn't processing. Tried again multiple times. Tried my mum's card (with her kind permission of course) Still not working. Have a look at the payment options, click onto "other" to see what's there. A page about contacting the seller about other payment methods pops up so I click straight back out. Try to go to the payment page for the item again but it's not available as I've apparently now got "payment pending"
    What do I do???

ReputationRep:
    Contact Paypal maybe?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by RobML)
    I recently won a bid and tried to buy the item, but for some reason my payment wasn't processing. Tried again multiple times. Tried my mum's card (with her kind permission of course) Still not working. Have a look at the payment options, click onto "other" to see what's there. A page about contacting the seller about other payment methods pops up so I click straight back out. Try to go to the payment page for the item again but it's not available as I've apparently now got "payment pending"
    What do I do???
    Was it through paypal you were trying to pay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    What do I do???
    Contact the seller (who may have a problem) and Ebay/Paypal.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by RobML)
    What do I do???
    Sounds like PayPal suspended your payment when it was going through. They've done this to me before and accused me of fraud. Which of course, wasn't the case :lol: — I was trying to buy a jumper for goodness sake! If you give PayPal a ring or email them, they'll be able to explain why and take the block off of your account.

Going to have to move this to a more appropriate section, hope you don't mind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Was it through paypal you were trying to pay?
    Debit card, but that's processed through paypal now
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by RobML)
    Debit card, but that's processed through paypal now
    Give paypal a call, sometimes a first payment through the account can be a bit slow for security i think
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Seller first so they know whats going on, followed by ebay and paypal.

ReputationRep:
    Paypal are a joke so gl

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 4, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.