Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Im bidding on an item located in the US on ebay. The seller says you can pay by international money order or 'western union'. Does anyone have any experience on how to pay in these circumstances, i.e. what's the cheapest and safest method etc.?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spyral)
    Hi,

Im bidding on an item located in the US on ebay. The seller says you can pay by international money order or 'western union'. Does anyone have any experience on how to pay in these circumstances, i.e. what's the cheapest and safest method etc.?

Thanks.

It's pretty much the same as paypal - you pay with a credit card,

MB

It s not very secure. If his feedback is low, do not deal with him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard)
    It s not very secure. If his feedback is low, do not deal with him.
    I'd say it is VERY secure.

You can do an international money order through a post office, just take in the cash and they will transfer it for you.

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you just use paypal? Its quick, fast, and easy to use. Also, if anything happens, I think in some circumstances, they refund any payments made.

What are you bidding on?

ReputationRep:
    Not as good as NoChex though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Not as good as NoChex though
    I guess they don't use cheques?

ReputationRep:
    I've heard bad things about Western Union. I don't think it is a safe as Paypal, but couldn't tell you why. Do a bit of reearch and I'm sure you'll confirm this.

I am certain that it is not 100% safe and I can tell you why.. there is not address verification as in Paypal. Usually those who ask to be paid by western uinion, are fraudsters (with low or no feedback) from Romania, Singapore etc.

ReputationRep:
    There are two different types of Western Union payment. One is money transfer, which is completely untraceable and is a big favourite with fraudsters; the other is their online money order sending service, which is quite a normal way for genuine US sellers to receive payment.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.