The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Biology Unit 3 9th May 2016 Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IAROX15
Confusion. It was my first exam so I was kinda nervous :s-smilie:

yup same :frown:
How do you think grade boundaries are going to be like?
hoping it wont be 32+ atleast.
Original post by Hiyoriiki
overlap of standard deviations and little variability in data

How did you predict the overlap of SD? because they said not to draw the SD on the graph.
Original post by Sunethra
How did you predict the overlap of SD? because they said not to draw the SD on the graph.

You add or subtract the sds from the mean to find max and min values and u see if max and min values of different mean values overlap.
Guys, when are the results coming out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Willandy123
Guys, when are the results coming out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

18th of August

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 187
Excuse me, does anybody know whether we need to review experiments like effect of caffeine on heart rate of Daphnia, effect of temperature on membrane permeability, effect of storage temperature on vitamin C content of fruit, and investigating factors affecting initial rate of reaction? I thought these belonged to unit 1 and only studied things like totipotency and plant tissue culture, effect of garlic and mint on bacterial growth and strength of plant fibres. Now I'm really worried. Which topics do we really need? Please somebody help.
Original post by Misuuzu
Excuse me, does anybody know whether we need to review experiments like effect of caffeine on heart rate of Daphnia, effect of temperature on membrane permeability, effect of storage temperature on vitamin C content of fruit, and investigating factors affecting initial rate of reaction? I thought these belonged to unit 1 and only studied things like totipotency and plant tissue culture, effect of garlic and mint on bacterial growth and strength of plant fibres. Now I'm really worried. Which topics do we really need? Please somebody help.

https://youtu.be/hjZusRWz9AU
Here's the revision to all experiments required for unit 3.

Posted from TSR Mobile
which experiment do you predict will come in the jan 2017 paper
Original post by Nethmioysters
pH: using a buffer
Temperature: using an incubator set to a certain temperature or waterbath
Humidity affects plants mostly (if they are involved in the experiment only). they reduce effect of transpiration, thus reducing water loss.

you comment on reliability by checking to see if they have given any error bars/SDs. if the SD is small reliability is high. And make sure the SDs do not overlap.

you can make the data more reliable by repeating the experiment.

hey..am actually doing the paper in january and i dont understand what it means by standard deviation overlap? could you please explain it further

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending