The Student Room Group

CIE History IGCSE

Is anyone here doing CIE history? Next monday is the main paper and tbh I'm really scared. For core topics i'm doing chapters 1-3 so The treaty of Versailles, The league of nations and causes of WW2. For depth i'm doing USA. Just wanted to know how everyone is getting along

Scroll to see replies

I'm taking it! Germany for depth study, those other ones you listed plus Cold War and containment... How are you finding it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by metellaest
I'm taking it! Germany for depth study, those other ones you listed plus Cold War and containment... How are you finding it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am ment to be studying the cold war too however I really dislike the topic and I know it, but am kinda focusing closer to the exam on the other topics. I'm finding it a bit hard because I am trying to know as much details as possible which is quite hard, plus looking at past papers they usually for a and b have a slightly odd or really small detailed question which is scaring me a bit.
Original post by emilyy_elizabeth
I am ment to be studying the cold war too however I really dislike the topic and I know it, but am kinda focusing closer to the exam on the other topics. I'm finding it a bit hard because I am trying to know as much details as possible which is quite hard, plus looking at past papers they usually for a and b have a slightly odd or really small detailed question which is scaring me a bit.

I know - it's an insane amount of work! At least three times as much as any of my other subjects... If you need any help over a topic or a past question just let me know and I'll try my best to answer!
Hey guys! I'm doing core content B (20th century) and Depth Study Germany. Revision is going well, however I'm finding the workload much more demanding than for any other subject.
I'm worried about the Gulf topic, since there's no past paper questions on it anywhere, and I can't find the specimen paper for 2016 either...
Original post by saraetcetera
Hey guys! I'm doing core content B (20th century) and Depth Study Germany. Revision is going well, however I'm finding the workload much more demanding than for any other subject.
I'm worried about the Gulf topic, since there's no past paper questions on it anywhere, and I can't find the specimen paper for 2016 either...

Hi! I completely agree about the workload. And the Gulf as well! But I'm mainly focusing on Paper 1 for now, and then I'll stress about Paper 2 after Monday... But I'm doing exactly the same content as you :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by metellaest

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing the same as you! But I've found Cold War questions quite hard to answer without my notes...
Yeah I'm taking it, I know I haven't got everything covered because there's just too much, but I've got a good widespread knowledge I hope... Exams only on Monday, got a long weekend of paper 1 revision ahead, I'm leaving paper 2 for the days after paper 1 exam as it's rather technique than knowledge
Doing the history paper on Monday too! Good luck guys!
Btw does anyone have any resources for the Gulf Paper 2 paper? Is there really no specimen paper for it?
I have a past paper that our school made for us on paper two but how could I send it to you guys? (It's on paper btw)
Original post by Adam-Bosher
I have a past paper that our school made for us on paper two but how could I send it to you guys? (It's on paper btw)

Could you perhaps upload it publicly on either dropbox or google drive?
Hi,
Yeah thanks, it'd be great if you could upload that
Original post by Adam-Bosher
im doing the same content and im hoping super hard there are no tiny details... What are your predictions on th post war topics that will come up?
*internally crying* is A* generally around the 85% mark?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by soleil95140
*internally crying* is A* generally around the 85% mark?

It depends what combination you're doing. For Paper 1, Paper 2, Coursework (out of 150) it fluctuates between 105-115 I think.... you can check on the website...

Good luck tomorrow! :smile:

*internally crying as well*
Thanks you too!!
For paper 2, our history teacher found us source work (i think they were actual paper 2s, but i could be mistaken) on our other topics. Doing those was really helpful as it gave us revision for the other topics, as well as practice for paper 2. That might be something to check out.
I'm actually bricking tomorrow's exam, I barely know my depth study (Russia) :s-smilie:
Just finished my exam, P12.
I did quite well but I was so mad that there was no question on Versailles. Depth Study Germany was easyyyy though :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending