kyledean99
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I've been offered a place on Lancaster University's Economics Year 12 summer school, which I'm very happy about, as I'm intending to study economics at university (possibly even at Lancaster). However, it overlaps with NCS. Which would boost my uni application more, and has anyone had any previos success with getting their NCS date moved?
Thanks.
Tenisha1999
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I did NCS last summer and got my date moved to the next one I was available as I went on holiday just beforehand and couldn't make that NCS date. Summer school is such an amazing opportunity and VERY competitive so I would say contact NCS about moving your date, the sooner the better. You can just drop an email or use your NCS login on the website to see if theres other available dates? That's what I did if worst comes to worst you can do NCS another time as I think they have it throughout the year like in October half term too?
kyledean99
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tenisha1999)
I did NCS last summer and got my date moved to the next one I was available as I went on holiday just beforehand and couldn't make that NCS date. Summer school is such an amazing opportunity and VERY competitive so I would say contact NCS about moving your date, the sooner the better. You can just drop an email or use your NCS login on the website to see if theres other available dates? That's what I did if worst comes to worst you can do NCS another time as I think they have it throughout the year like in October half term too?
Thanl you very much 😊😊😊
Amy99
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I've just been offered a place on the summer school too! And I'd definitely try to move your NCS, because a summer school will make you stand out more on your UCAS application.
kyledean99
Rep:
?
For which subject are you going?
Amy99
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by kyledean99)
For which subject are you going?
History
kyledean99
Rep:
?
(Original post by Amy99)
History
I believe the two coincide don't they? If so I'll see you there 😊
Amy99
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by kyledean99)
I believe the two coincide don't they? If so I'll see you there 😊
Oh right I didn't know that, but yes I probably will then haha
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
NCS is a good scheme and may help you getting employment but it won't help your university application.

Do it because you think it will be fun and interesting and not for your personal statement. NCS misrepresent advice from ucas (not even from universities) to make it seem more attractive.

Same goes for DoE.
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by PQ)
NCS is a good scheme and may help you getting employment but it won't help your university application.

Do it because you think it will be fun and interesting and not for your personal statement. NCS misrepresent advice from ucas (not even from universities) to make it seem more attractive.

Same goes for DoE.
And, indeed, for Summer Schools.
clucky_chick
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Awesome! I'd recommend going to the summer school, as applicants of summer schools are more likely to get into university (regardless of where there summer school was) as it shows a commitment to the subject, etc.

I've applied for religious studies at Lancaster Summer School Still haven't got a reply, I am starting to worry!
mollielollipop
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I did NCS last summer and it was great fun and I made loads of new friends however I'd say that in terms of uni summer school would be better. I'm also going to the Lancaster summer school on the Psychology stream (24th-28th)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (102)
24.34%
No (317)
75.66%

Watched Threads