The Student Room Group

A bit confused

Hello
I know that I'm going to ask you really stupid questions but thats my first year and I'm a bit worried about whats going to happend....
My firm is City
My insurance is Westminster
Both with conditional offers
City wants from me to pass IELTS with overall 6.5 and not less than 6.0 on every module.
Westminster wants from me 6.5 overall and not less than 5.5 on every module.
I took IELTS twice :
1)overall 6.5 L:7 R:6 W:5.5 S:6.5
2)overall 6.5 L:7.5 R:6.5 W:5.5 S:6.5
I didnt improve my writting and im angry to myself now
I already sent my results to the unies and westminster will make my offer unconditional.But im worried about city
I received email which says:The offer conditions require you to obtain 6.5 overall with no elss than 6.0 in any sub test. Your Writing sub test is below this so you still need to take the IELTS again in order to satisfy that part of the offer conditions.

Is there any chance they to accept me in the uni with 5.5 writting,after this email?Because i know about students who have been accepted and didnt meet the conditions.
And when i will know if they accepting or rejecting me ? When i will know in which uni im going?
Aaand when i was applying for Student Finance I wrote City as my uni.If they dont accept me there is it too late to call the SF in august to inform them about the changes.
I applied btw in 4th april for finance and i still havent receive answer from them ://

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Victoria66
Hello
I know that I'm going to ask you really stupid questions but thats my first year and I'm a bit worried about whats going to happend....
My firm is City
My insurance is Westminster
Both with conditional offers
City wants from me to pass IELTS with overall 6.5 and not less than 6.0 on every module.
Westminster wants from me 6.5 overall and not less than 5.5 on every module.
I took IELTS twice :
1)overall 6.5 L:7 R:6 W:5.5 S:6.5
2)overall 6.5 L:7.5 R:6.5 W:5.5 S:6.5
I didnt improve my writting and im angry to myself now
I already sent my results to the unies and westminster will make my offer unconditional.But im worried about city
I received email which says:The offer conditions require you to obtain 6.5 overall with no elss than 6.0 in any sub test. Your Writing sub test is below this so you still need to take the IELTS again in order to satisfy that part of the offer conditions.

Is there any chance they to accept me in the uni with 5.5 writting,after this email?Because i know about students who have been accepted and didnt meet the conditions.
And when i will know if they accepting or rejecting me ? When i will know in which uni im going?
Aaand when i was applying for Student Finance I wrote City as my uni.If they dont accept me there is it too late to call the SF in august to inform them about the changes.
I applied btw in 4th april for finance and i still havent receive answer from them ://

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you don't meet City's conditions, then they probably won't accept you. You have had two attempts already and if City were happy with your marks they could have accepted you already. Have City given you a date by which you must satisfy their IELTS conditions?

I believe there won't be much of a problem with finance in that you just change your place of study from City to Westminster.
Reply 2
Yes,i have to sent the results before 07/08/2016

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes,i have to sent the results before 07/08/2016

Posted from TSR Mobile

I suspect that if you don't satisfy City's conditions they won't accept you.
Reply 4
Will they answer earlier than this date?
I just wanna know when will be clear in which uni im going?
When i will have a confirmed place ?
Will they answer earlier than this date?
I just wanna know when will be clear in which uni im going?
When i will have a confirmed place ?

Are you resitting your IELTS?
Reply 6
I dont think that i will go on the exam third time
Reply 7

In which case City have told you they won't accept you.

Original post by jneill
In which case City have told you they won't accept you.

Agreed, unless City are desperately short of applicants. I would advise you to have another attempt.
(edited 7 years ago)
sorry t here that you missed yor offer for your firm but i here tat Westminister is a fine fine uni
Reply 10
So theres no any chance they to accept me ?
When i will know if im rejected or accepted?
Reply 11

They told you they weren't accepting you in their email "The offer conditions require you to obtain 6.5 overall with no elss than 6.0 in any sub test. Your Writing sub test is below this so you still need to take the IELTS again in order to satisfy that part of the offer conditions."

You then said you had to do that by 7th August.

So I imagine they will notify you formally some time after that date.

Why don't you want to take the IELTS again? Why do you think you can cope with a degree taught and assessed in English if you can't satisfy a minimum English language requirement?
Reply 13
Because at the moment I'm working full time 7 days ...and for higher score i need practice.(but i havent got enough time) I am angry to myself,cuz i know with a practice i will reach 6.0 in writting.I tried just to go and to re-take the test again-it doesnt work..(i got same results).
I hope i will have some luck and will be accepted....

Is it okay if i ring SFE in august or if i sent them a form for changing my uni? I mean its not going to be too late?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 14
Because at the moment I'm working full time 7 days ...and for higher score i need practice.(but i havent got enough time) I am angry to myself,cuz i know with a practice i will reach 6.0 in writting.I tried just to go and to re-take the test again-it doesnt work..(i got same results).
I hope i will have a luck and will be accepted....

Is it okay if i ring SFE in august or if i sent them a form for changing my uni? I mean its not going to be too late?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not too late. Many people change on results day.

https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-student-finance/change-an-application

By the way, it is "have some luck" not "have a luck". And to be honest it is extremely unlikely.
Read a few books in english that may help
I hope i will have some luck and will be accepted....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sometimes you have to sacrifice the present for the future. I would be surprised if you couldn't find a couple of hours a day to practise.

Read what jneill has said above about finance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending