Edexcel or aqa additional science gcse?

Watch
_aishahxo_
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm resitting Additional Science GCSE this year at college. Last year when I was at high school, I got a high C on my controlled assessment and I got a C in Physics (foundation paper). I did revise for the exams, but I ended up getting D's in Biology and Chemistry GCSE. So I am resitting Additional Science with a different exam board. I got a D on my controlled assessment because I didn't know what I was doing on the AQA paper. We had to do it all in 1 day. I am doing Higher for Biology and Chemistry GCSE, but I am doing foundation for Physics. I am struggling a lot with Physics AQA GCSE because I don't understand anything that my teacher is saying.But, I will learn the content by myself. I have done all the notes and revision for Biology and Physics GCSE. I want to get a B for Science. Also, do you know if you can mix tiers in Edexcel? I don't think you can. My teacher told the class an idea for individuals who didn't do well in their controlled assessments to resit with the Edexcel exam board. But I did do the exam board last year. How similar are the papers? Which exam board would be easier for me to get a B? Should I take a risk and go for the Edexcel GCSE exam board? I have my revision notes and flashcards. But they will all need memorizing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (733)
33.86%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (926)
42.77%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (411)
18.98%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (95)
4.39%

Watched Threads