The Student Room Group

Immigration is the best thing since sliced bread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by intelligent con
Immigration has boosted the economy FACT. Immigrants are less likely to claim benefits or commit crime than lazy white Brits FACT. Immigrants are usually nice hard working people FACT. I'm fed up with this constant scaremongering about immigration and claiming its a negative of staying in the EU (in fact its one of the best things about it). Immigration needs to be recognised to be positive and everyone who moans about it 'destroying their culture' need to get with the times and an education FACT.

'lazy white brits'. nice use of racist languag there my friend. labour party fan perhaps? interesting bias and irony there. immigratns are usually nice hardworking people again more bias. you really are an idiot aren't you? i hope that you get kicked out of employment because of them, i genuinely do hope so.
Original post by JordanL_
1. That's illegal. There will always be people illegally working for below minimum wage, and they'll always be the minority. I don't understand why you think stopping immigration would stop this from happening.

2. Did you read the study I linked? 64% of EU-15 immigrants have a degree, and 25% of Eastern European immigrants. That's higher than the proportion of natives with degrees. As for speaking Polish - every EU immigrant I've met, including Eastern European ones, has had a FAR better grasp of English than most of the British natives I went to school with.

3. ......You do understand that a poorer economy means a poorer NHS?

The NHS is struggling because our government refuses to give it the funding it needs, it really is as simple as that. The deficit is going DOWN because our economy is growing. We have MORE MONEY TO SPEND, but instead of giving the NHS the money it needs, the government gives more tax cuts to RICH BRITISH NATIVES. Why you think cutting off immigration, and reducing the money in the country, would somehow convince the government to give more money to the NHS I don't understand. If anything, the NHS would face more cuts as our economy suffers. This isn't a difficult concept.

4. I don't have any stats on India, but it's not in the EU, so Indian immigration is hardly a reason to leave.

5. You still need a passport to get into the UK, and you still have to go through full security whether you're getting the ferry from Calais or a plane from wherever. Leaving the EU would make very little difference in this regard.

As for house prices - they're high because we aren't building enough houses. If our economy shrinks we'll be building even less.

I don't really understand how you think there could be immigrants receiving benefits without the government being aware? The government gives out the benefits.

You neglect to mention that firms can only hire up to 20 foreign workers per year on the EU scheme.

As you talk about immigrants stealing our jobs, unemployment has been going down significantly for years.

Brainwashed by the In campaign foreigners take more out of Britain then they put in . You say firms can only employ 20 Virgin media can have significantly more as the companies are seperated under one ultimate parent company. Illegal immigrants Work in a Chicken Factory by my house every so often you see a government van removing them and fining the company
Unemployment going down for years workfare has done that not being part of the EU. I am voting out Brussels are not dictating what I and many others do and when the youngsters don't show as they do not care we will be out of the Evil dictatorship which is the EU we pay 23-33 million (depending what figures and calculations you use) a day to a set of unelected bankers, Id rather pay tariffs and extra for my shopping then have another Immigrant set foot in this country
Original post by drosstalk
Brainwashed by the In campaign foreigners take more out of Britain then they put in . You say firms can only employ 20 Virgin media can have significantly more as the companies are seperated under one ultimate parent company. Illegal immigrants Work in a Chicken Factory by my house every so often you see a government van removing them and fining the company
Unemployment going down for years workfare has done that not being part of the EU. I am voting out Brussels are not dictating what I and many others do and when the youngsters don't show as they do not care we will be out of the Evil dictatorship which is the EU we pay 23-33 million (depending what figures and calculations you use) a day to a set of unelected bankers, Id rather pay tariffs and extra for my shopping then have another Immigrant set foot in this country

Brainwashed? I've given you a peer-reviewed scientific study. The only one here that's brainwashed is you, completely oblivious to reality and living in this own narrative that you've created in your mind.
Original post by JordanL_
Brainwashed? I've given you a peer-reviewed scientific study. The only one here that's brainwashed is you, completely oblivious to reality and living in this own narrative that you've created in your mind.

I will always vote for what brings less immigrants
Original post by W85Y4H3NJ2254
You mean those ex-pat ghettos that the brits have in spain and france and they don't bother trying to integrate with the locals, double standards?

It is amusing that Brits abroad are ex-pats but people of other nationalities here are immigrants. No - I was referring to people from abroad living here, but not integrating. Are they not ex-pats of their own country?
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending