AS Philosophy AQA Watch

GeorgeGreyman
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
As there is a lot to cover it would be helpful to take in to consideration what the previous sets of questions have been over the last few years, what would be the most likely ones to come up for Epistemology and Philosophy of Religion?

Thanks.
G dog
TSR Jessica
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed
Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
x
Asolare
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by GeorgeGreyman)
As there is a lot to cover it would be helpful to take in to consideration what the previous sets of questions have been over the last few years, what would be the most likely ones to come up for Epistemology and Philosophy of Religion?

Thanks.
G dog
Someone posted last year's questions in another thread, so:

1. what is a priori knowledge
2. Outline the 'argument from illusion' against direct realism
3. Explain berkeley's attack on the primary/secondary property distinction
4. Explain locke's argument against innatism
5. Is knowledge justified true belief?
6. What does it mean to claim that God is everlasting?
7. Outline the paradox of the stone
8. Explain how the Free Will Defence responds to the problem of evil
9. Outline the verification principle and explain Hick's claim that religious statements are verifiable eschatologically
10. Does the cosmological argument prove that God exists?

Considering this is a new spec which has only been out since last year, I would pretty much rule out any of these questions coming up plus the specimen ones on the AQA website as they're probably going to want to get a range of questions first.

Apart from that it's literally all hit and miss considering this is a new spec and so there's little guesswork you could do. All I would say is that certain things you could rule out being 15 markers - e.g. Virtue Epistemology - and certaint things would be more likely - e.g. ontological, teleological arguments.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (61)
8.5%
I used to but I don't now (17)
2.37%