Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Any colleges/sixth forms which have evening classes maths in East London watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I currently in Sixth Form, but I want to resit GCSE Maths, I got a C in Maths and would like to resit it and get a B or A, my school isn't offering me the chance to do resits so is there any college/sixth form which have evening classes for GCSE Maths in East London?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d_a99)
    Hi,

I currently in Sixth Form, but I want to resit GCSE Maths, I got a C in Maths and would like to resit it and get a B or A, my school isn't offering me the chance to do resits so is there any college/sixth form which have evening classes for GCSE Maths in East London?
    Loads of them.
    But they won't be advertising them until the start of the new school year.
    If you want to attend classes you'll be expected to pay as they only get funding for people who don't have a C. You might find some unwilling to take a part time student who is in full time education elsewhere. Since only people retaking GCSE can sit the current specification exams in November and summer 2017 you'll probably find most public courses are preparing students for the new grade 9-1 specification exams.

Why not just self study and revise hard over the summer and retake in November as a private candidate ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gdunne42)
    Loads of them.
    But they won't be advertising them until the start of the new school year.
    If you want to attend classes you'll be expected to pay as they only get funding for people who don't have a C. You might find some unwilling to take a part time student who is in full time education elsewhere. Since only people retaking GCSE can sit the current specification exams in November and summer 2017 you'll probably find most public courses are preparing students for the new grade 9-1 specification exams.

Why not just self study and revise hard over the summer and retake in November as a private candidate ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    actually thanks!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.