Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am hoping to study at Leeds but I was wondering what the nightlife was like? I want somewhere where they are a variety of music events, from like DnB DJ nights to bands and stuff and was wondering if Leeds fit that? Or is it more like standard dance clubs?
    Also, what are the students there like? Is it super mixed or boring or are people funky or what? Is it similar to Bristol?

ReputationRep:
    I'm coming to Leeds and I'm super funky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lydvarn)
    I'm coming to Leeds and I'm super funky
    I'm going to Leeds and I'm also mega funky

ReputationRep:
    Im arriving at Leeds and I'm Majorly Funky

ReputationRep:
    Stop it, you guys are putting me off Leeds

ReputationRep:
    Ballroom dancing is pretty popular in Leeds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IRoseD)
    I am hoping to study at Leeds but I was wondering what the nightlife was like? I want somewhere where they are a variety of music events, from like DnB DJ nights to bands and stuff and was wondering if Leeds fit that? Or is it more like standard dance clubs?
    Also, what are the students there like? Is it super mixed or boring or are people funky or what? Is it similar to Bristol?
    I'm from Leeds and going to Leeds Uni in September too! one of the reasons i wanted to stay in my home town was because of the amazing nightlife. Leeds was voted best student city in the Uk and best student night life, there's really something for everyone. The uni Student union has a regular nightclub called frooty which plays cheesy cliche hits and thats fun. Dance clubs like pryzm, space and mint are really popular and have good student discounts. Down Call lane there are loads of fun gay bars. Rock clubs like fuel (at leeds beckett SU) and key club attract the alternative crowds and really do party hard. There's a great club called Canal Mills which plays house music. Then the O2 academy had a club night called PROJEKT. Then theres the Otley Run which is an immense pub crawl from Headingley (where most students live) down to the city centre involving about 17 pubs and compulsary fancy dress, Most freshers do this in there first week or so! Literally i cant emphasise enough how great a night out Leeds is! Every weekend the city centre comes alive.Everyone in Leeds is quirky and everyone fits in, its such an up and coming student city that there are just great vibes and i promise you'll love it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm from Leeds and going to Leeds Uni in September too! one of the reasons i wanted to stay in my home town was because of the amazing nightlife. Leeds was voted best student city in the Uk and best student night life, there's really something for everyone. The uni Student union has a regular nightclub called frooty which plays cheesy cliche hits and thats fun. Dance clubs like pryzm, space and mint are really popular and have good student discounts. Down Call lane there are loads of fun gay bars. Rock clubs like fuel (at leeds beckett SU) and key club attract the alternative crowds and really do party hard. There's a great club called Canal Mills which plays house music. Then the O2 academy had a club night called PROJEKT. Then theres the Otley Run which is an immense pub crawl from Headingley (where most students live) down to the city centre involving about 17 pubs and compulsary fancy dress, Most freshers do this in there first week or so! Literally i cant emphasise enough how great a night out Leeds is! Every weekend the city centre comes alive.Everyone in Leeds is quirky and everyone fits in, its such an up and coming student city that there are just great vibes and i promise you'll love it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.