The Student Room Group

WJEC Language 2016 official prediction thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Farnosh
hi x the 10 marker was about a text analysis of the part where George finds Curleys wife's corpse, up to the part where he leaves the barn. The question was a character analysis about how George revealing his character in the text. The twenty markers were about a) how join Steinbeck uses lennies character to highlight aspects of American society in the 1930s b) "real friendship is impossible in the harsh society that john Steinbeck created" discuss this statement IT WAS HORRIBLE BUT HERE ARE THE QUESTIONS XXX

Thank you so much! Omg okay a lot of context there then - the Lennie one sounds rlly similar to the candy one that came up last year!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by asdfghjklgcses
Hahahah what is it with the WJEC and prostitution in their poetry? I did the paper last year and apparently the poem 'city lilacs' was about prostitution although I had no clue of that at the time😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
aww, see I'm really confused because people are saying it's about jobs and stuff.. And I'm like "prostitution" ps you're the nicest person I've met on student room so far 😂
Reply 282
Original post by Farnosh
thanks but what do you mean by, quote, 'no' x

as in it did not mean what you've stated. i said it was about an old lady that is well known for her fishing occupation.
Thank you so much! Omg okay a lot of context there then - the Lennie one sounds rlly similar to the candy one that came up last year!

Posted from TSR Mobile
alright x hope you liked it!
Original post by MarshyMan2000
Why u no put slim for any questions WJEC? :frown: Revised so much for him then they hit us with a George extract and Lennie essay question. Please say I wasn't the only one who did Lennie for the essay as no one that I talked to did it
exactly ughhhh :frown: I FEEL YOU GURL xxxx love you x cheer up mate xx
Reply 285
Original post by Farnosh
aww, see I'm really confused because people are saying it's about jobs and stuff.. And I'm like "prostitution" ps you're the nicest person I've met on student room so far 😂

it said on the sheet ' both poets write/talk about people's jobs'
Original post by Farnosh

Haha same with me last year😂 Don't worry as long as you justify your points with quotations you'll get the marks! And aw thank you so much that's so kind!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha same with me last year😂 Don't worry as long as you justify your points with quotations you'll get the marks! And aw thank you so much that's so kind!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the positivity mate x
Original post by djsosd
it said on the sheet ' both poets write/talk about people's jobs'

Oh god, am I blind or am I stupid? But prostitutions a job right? The key to success is to be positive x 🔑🔑🔑🔑
Original post by djsosd
as in it did not mean what you've stated. i said it was about an old lady that is well known for her fishing occupation.

Alright then, I get it fanks x
Original post by djsosd
Did anyone choose the 'real friendship is impossible' question? b

I did.
Reply 291
Original post by Farnosh
Oh god, am I blind or am I stupid? But prostitutions a job right? The key to success is to be positive x 🔑🔑🔑🔑

it is a job however. in this particular poem is was about aunt jane the fisher. as they call her. did you not read the poem, it was all mainly to do with fishes and her staying until ' the stars were out' :smile:
Original post by djsosd
it is a job however. in this particular poem is was about aunt jane the fisher. as they call her. did you not read the poem, it was all mainly to do with fishes and her staying until ' the stars were out' :smile:

Firstly, it was auntie jane fish xx secondly, naaa I didn't read it jks jks I did xx and doesn't the love love happen at night?
Reply 293
Original post by Farnosh
Firstly, it was auntie jane fish xx secondly, naaa I didn't read it jks jks I did xx and doesn't the love love happen at night?

are you honestly serious. you actually think that poem is about prostitution?
please say that i am right. i can't be bothered anymore.

what do you guys think fishes or prostitution lol?
btw why would you think they call her aunt jane fish then ? huh lol
I hated that ugh, how did everyone else find it?
That poetry was horrible especially the fish one, that was a nasty poem.
Ugh. I revise Slim devoutly and we get Lennie... I screwed that up. I should've picked the theme but I only realised this halfway through :-(

The poems weren't TOO bad but I think I was too timid (I thought it might be about prostitution for the Cardigan one, like City Lilacs, but...) and floundered a little for similarities.

I got the timings totally perfect though :-)
Reply 296
Really worried about the poems cause i can't remember if i wrote any similarities...did anyone else say that Auntie Jane Fish (or whatever her name was lol) loved her job while the young man in the other poem didnt?
Original post by Jarush
Really worried about the poems cause i can't remember if i wrote any similarities...did anyone else say that Auntie Jane Fish (or whatever her name was lol) loved her job while the young man in the other poem didnt?

I only put in a few similarities - don't worry, if your differences are good then it's okay. I said Auntie Jane Fish was good at and devoted to her job (as opposed to the salesman who was bad at and disliked his job) :-)
Reply 298
Original post by saladays
I only put in a few similarities - don't worry, if your differences are good then it's okay. I said Auntie Jane Fish was good at and devoted to her job (as opposed to the salesman who was bad at and disliked his job) :-)

Thanks! Ive just remembered i did one similarity but thats all! I said the same as you that she was good at and devoted to her job while the other wasn't. Hopefully it went alright.
@Farnosh. I think it went OK actually! Luckily I was prepared for all the characters, but was really really hoping for Slim. Ah well, what will be will be. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest