The Student Room Group

Switching from BTEC to A Levels?

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone here has switched from BTEC to A Level? I am currently doing a BTEC, however I was thinking of completing my 2 year diploma before applying for A Levels.

I didn't fail any subjects at GCSE, however they weren't my best grades due to personal issues that I faced, however I'm now determined to do A Levels, in Maths, Chemistry and Biology, though I got C for both Maths and Chemistry and B for Biology, I am preparing to retake GCSE Maths and Science to get A Grades.

Has anyone here switched from BTEC to A Level later on, how did you find the transaction?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Original post by d_a99
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone here has switched from BTEC to A Level? I am currently doing a BTEC, however I was thinking of completing my 2 year diploma before applying for A Levels.

I didn't fail any subjects at GCSE, however they weren't my best grades due to personal issues that I faced, however I'm now determined to do A Levels, in Maths, Chemistry and Biology, though I got C for both Maths and Chemistry and B for Biology, I am preparing to retake GCSE Maths and Science to get A Grades.

Has anyone here switched from BTEC to A Level later on, how did you find the transaction?

Have you checked that it will be possible for you to do this? Your current BTEC will be paid for by the government, but you may have to pay to do your A Levels if you choose to do them after you get your BTEC.
Reply 3
Original post by rayquaza17
Have you checked that it will be possible for you to do this? Your current BTEC will be paid for by the government, but you may have to pay to do your A Levels if you choose to do them after you get your BTEC.

I think it's free before you turn 19?

Quick Reply

Latest