The Student Room Group

Maths Ocr 2016 C1

Scroll to see replies

Please sign this petition to lower the grade boundaries!
https://www.change.org/p/ocr-examination-board-lower-the-grade-boundaries-on-the-ocr-core-1-mathematics-paper?recruiter=544001411&utm_source=petitions_show_components_action_panel_wrapper&utm_medium=copylink

Original post by AnonUK21
Any ideas what the grade boundaries will be?

I got about 55 on that, which is terrible performance (~75%) compared to the 90ish%'s I was getting whilst doing past papers. Not sure if I just choked under pressure or if the exam was generally harder...

Original post by Synesthesia
I'd imagine it to be 50-52 imo for an A.
It was harder than jan 11, which was 54 for an A.

Original post by AnonUK21
Thank you for the response. I really do hope you are correct :biggrin:

Original post by Synesthesia
Well, shots of windex are also an option.
Original post by callumhowieson
That's pretty good I guess. do you get more UMS per mark in C3/C4 because they are harder units or not?

Depends how tight the grade boundaries are rather than difficulty. If there's 5 marks in each grade, in Maths it'll be 2UMS per mark. If there's 6/7 (the usual case), it'll probably go like 80, 81, 83, 84, and so on. C4 can be as high as 62/72 for an A, so the boundaries tend not to be noticeably lower than the AS modules.
so i need to get 85 UMS on this to push up my AS to an A, and looking at the unofficial mark scheme i believe i got 63/72 - think that will be 85 UMS?
Original post by Misunderstood06
so i need to get 85 UMS on this to push up my AS to an A, and looking at the unofficial mark scheme i believe i got 63/72 - think that will be 85 UMS?

Same fam but the paper wasn't really all that difficult so I predict 63 for an A. Won't be lower as all the A2 students resitting push it up.
Original post by smartedge
Same fam but the paper wasn't really all that difficult so I predict 63 for an A. Won't be lower as all the A2 students resitting push it up.

i could see it being around 60 tbh - a lot of my friends, in A2, who resat did find it slightly more challenging than usual. just hoping to get as many UMS as possible over 80 to make it easier for me this year lmao
annoyed that i didn't get q 8, so simple
i could see it being around 60 tbh - a lot of my friends, in A2, who resat did find it slightly more challenging than usual. just hoping to get as many UMS as possible over 80 to make it easier for me this year lmao

yeah im hoping all the AS students found it terrible LOL so it'll be low boundaries and 63 will be high UMS
yeah im hoping all the AS students found it terrible LOL so it'll be low boundaries and 63 will be high UMS

I found it terrible as well but i still managed to score 71/72 so I think most of the people will get good marks and the grade boundaries will only change a little
annoyed that i didn't get q 8, so simple

I did q8 as the last question because i didnt want to waste time on it as it was worded terribly but after reading it 5/6 times, I understood it and it was easy as you said
Original post by TheSurrealTV
I found it terrible as well but i still managed to score 71/72 so I think most of the people will get good marks and the grade boundaries will only change a little

71/72 teach me plz
your mark scheme is for OCR MEI, this thread is OCR only

you ****ing tell him
Original post by Jarjar1717
Yeah I got that but we basically multiplied the powers instead of adding them.

I just went with BIDMAS...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by slothgenius
100% agree. June 2015 was piss easy in comparison to this years.

exactly - this years paper was of unprecedented ****ery

terrible but got 71/72? lol stfu what is wrong with you
how many marks for an A?
can someone tell me what this 201/4 business is - I do not recognise this value
how many marks for an a?

55/a 48/b 42/c
Original post by sknmaster
can someone tell me what this 201/4 business is - I do not recognise this value

It was the y coordinate of the the normal to a curve, it was part of the question with the 20+2h
Reply 399

Helpful, that.

Quick Reply

Latest