Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you ever got stuck in an item of clothing? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Heard this on the radio so thought i would start it here

ReputationRep:
    A pair of skinny jeans which I thought still fitted. A trip down the stairs with them, ripping holes in both legs and giving me a concussion when trying to zip them up proved me very wrong

ReputationRep:
    Yes I was trying on this dress in the changing rooms and the zip became stuck in the fabric.

I tried yanking the zip and it was in an awkward place on my back so i struggled to fix it. Luckily my mum was waiting outside the shop so I called her and asked her to come in and help me.

Thank god my mum was out with me that day and was able to free me from the dress, otherwise I would have had to call on one of the sales assistants and I would have been mortified !

ReputationRep:
    Wearing this tight shirt I was sure fit me.....but my arms weirdly got stuck in them and I looked like a frustrated monster with fabric flapping around me
    In the end I managed to tear it but oh who cared, I was never trying it on again *shudder*

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I had one of those jackets that refused to unzip. A truly scary experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evalilyXOX)
    Yes I was trying on this dress in the changing rooms and the zip became stuck in the fabric.

I tried yanking the zip and it was in an awkward place on my back so i struggled to fix it. Luckily my mum was waiting outside the shop so I called her and asked her to come in and help me.

Thank god my mum was out with me that day and was able to free me from the dress, otherwise I would have had to call on one of the sales assistants and I would have been mortified !
    I got stuck in a top in French Connections quite a few years ago, and the poor shop assistant had to help me out of it. A memory that will stay with me for a long long long time.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Tachikoma)
    Yeah I had one of those jackets that refused to unzip. A truly scary experience.
    I get this quite a lot!

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember whether I have (I expect I have though!), but I remember my mum getting stuck in a top once! She was trying on a top which she'd bought, but she couldn't get it on fully, so she got stuck with it over her head and her arms in the air. She started panicking and had to come and ask me to free her while I was in the shower, it was hilarious :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khodu)
    I got stuck in a top in French Connections quite a few years ago, and the poor shop assistant had to help me out of it. A memory that will stay with me for a long long long time.
    God that is my worst nightmare ! Sometimes if I am trying on clothes i check the zip before putting it on just to make sure that it is not tricky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evalilyXOX)
    God that is my worst nightmare ! Sometimes if I am trying on clothes i check the zip before putting it on just to make sure that it is not tricky
    It was partially the shops fault lol cos the hanger had the wrong size! A shop like FCUK you'd think they wouldn't put wrong size hangers. It was a size 6, and I was a size 10. Thinking back, can't believe I even got into a 6 top. :ahee:

It was actually 9 years ago :eek: :emo:

ReputationRep:
    My Jeans' zip stopped working while I was in the loo and guess what? I let it go because it wasn't coming off and I was about to explodeeeeeeeee. Took a while to decide on what to do but I had to do what had to be done. Believe me it felt nice until my crush saw me and started laughing in my face. But I guess girls laugh at people they like? :ashamed:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Yes, I wet myself. Yes, it was bad. and Yes, I cried.:angelblush:

ReputationRep:
    yep. First time I ever went to Topshop when I was, like, 11, with my friends. Two of us decided we wanted to try on this dress, but the changing rooms were nowhere to be found. So we just pulled them on over our clothes. Most embarrassing thing ever: the shop assistant got really mad and kicked us out yelling 'this is not a bloody playground'

ReputationRep:
    More times than I'd care to admit.
    Nearly every time it was a dress in H&M - I would never be able to ask a shop assistant for help though (can't imagine anything worse :afraid:), so it'd get to the stage where I was genuinely considering breaking it before figuring out what the problem was and finally getting free some way or another.
    I should really stop pushing my luck tbh, it's gonna run out some day

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.