The Student Room Group

OCR Biology GCSE 17th May predictions

Anyone doing their OCR Biology b123 exam on the 17th May? What do you think is likely to come up?
sex
i think ADH production is likely as well as evolution. any tips on interpreting data?
sex
Reply 4
Uhm, I think it could possibly be:

B1 = Clones
B2 = Immunity and fighting disease..
B3 = Evolution/Carbon cycle

Good luck on your exam! :smile:
I haven't revised nearly enough but that's what youtube is for XD
Reply 5
Original post by nima.geemon
i think ADH production is likely as well as evolution. any tips on interpreting data?

Ah that's a possibility...

And on interpreting data? How do you mean? If you mean graphs, you're usually trying to look for a positive/negative correlation and for a trend. If it's a bar graph or a table, they sometimes ask for a percentage increase or decrease. Best thing to do when it comes to data is to read the question thoroughly and read the data super carefully because they might try and catch you out.

:smile:
I guess the usual things if you Havnt revised already, natural selection, genetic mutation and simple knowledge perhaps about bacteria, arteries/veins. If you skim past papers that will most likely help but ADH, Smoking effects and reproduction is what I would guess apart from the usual
Original post by bantaleg
sex

you know
Reply 8
Mans gonna fail this den hes gonna fail life does any1 want some weed
Original post by D.Holloway

Spoiler

my guy
Reply 10
What did you think about the exam?
I don't know how to feel about it.
Reply 11
What did people get for the first question where it was a blank space and what did they get for the last one ?
for the last one i spoke about how the dna hasnt mutated god knows if thats right
Original post by Iqsar
What did people get for the first question where it was a blank space and what did they get for the last one ?

If I can remember rightly for the gap fills I put...
Protein (about what a gene does)
DNA (for the chromosome coil)

And then for the last part of the gap fill for the different alleles for male and female I didn't know what to put
Original post by Iqsar

For the last one I put that they hadn't had as much of a chance to evolve and develop new characteristics etc so their genes were still most like the ancestors genes
Original post by hannahxxxxxxxxx
for the last one i spoke about how the dna hasnt mutated god knows if thats right

Yeah same, the fact that there are are many genetic similarities suggests that there has been a limited amount of time in which the genes could mutate and thus they are relatively new or whatever. where as the other specie had "medium" similarities and so it has had more time/ chances to mutate and thus indicating that it is relatively old in comparison.
Original post by Nymxo
Uhm, I think it could possibly be:

B1 = Clones
B2 = Immunity and fighting disease..
B3 = Evolution/Carbon cycle

Good luck on your exam! :smile:
I haven't revised nearly enough but that's what youtube is for XD

hi
where are your sources from NYMOX

xx
[*]

hi