The Student Room Group

AQA AS Sociology Unit 1 & 2 OLD SPECIFICATION [RESITS]

17/5/16 - Unit 1 Families and Households
24/5/16 - Unit 2 Education + research methods in context

This is for resit students! Guys any predictions for topics? What are your teachers predicting?

I know in the old thread someone made a spreadsheet with all the past questions and predicted last years question correctly with it. Can anyone find it?

Share any useful resource you can find as well!
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by grassntai
17/5/16 - Unit 1 Families and Households
24/5/16 - Unit 2 Education + research methods in context

This is for resit students! Guys any predictions for topics? What are your teachers predicting?

I know in the old thread someone made a spreadsheet with all the past questions and predicted last years question correctly with it. Can anyone find it?

Share any useful resource you can find as well!

I think my teacher predicted feminism and family diversity!
Don't rely too heavily on predictions.

The red Collins books are excellent resources for everything you need to know for the old syllabus. They're on amazon and ebay.
Reply 3
Original post by mollyarnold98

family diversity came up in 2012 along with demography but it could come uo again

AQA could be mean and repeat topics

i really don't want demography to come up..hate that topic:frown:
Reply 4
Original post by beautifulbigmacs
Don't rely too heavily on predictions.

The red Collins books are excellent resources for everything you need to know for the old syllabus. They're on amazon and ebay.

true but predictions do come in handy and the tar seem to be really good when it comes to predictions lol!

hows revision going with you and are you revising everything?
Original post by xxvine
true but predictions do come in handy and the tar seem to be really good when it comes to predictions lol!

hows revision going with you and are you revising everything?

I'm doing a postgraduate qualification in Sociology. Was gonna take the A level this summer but decided to not to spread my focus points too thinly.
Reply 6
Original post by mollyarnold98

For unit 1? Are you sure?

And what about for unit 2?

I'll ask my teacher next week when I see her and I'll post it on here.
Reply 7
For unit 1? Are you sure?

And what about for unit 2?

I'll ask my teacher next week when I see her and I'll post it on here.

the thing is everything has come up so its hard to say is what my teacher said

childhood and social policy are UNLIKELY for the 24 markers

i think feminism may come up because it hasn't come up since 2011 and also 'theories of the family' hasn't come up since 2013 jan.
The other topic i have no clue...one of demography, diversity and couples
For Unit 1 my teachers have predicted migration, ethnic diversity, birth and death rates, Feminism and gender roles and diversity linked to theories. They were correct with the predictions last year but they advice us just to put an extra 20% into those topics but revise everything anyway.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by amylouise86x
For Unit 1 my teachers have predicted migration, ethnic diversity, birth and death rates, Feminism and gender roles and diversity linked to theories. They were correct with the predictions last year but they advice us just to put an extra 20% into those topics but revise everything anyway.

so basically everthing? haha

why are you resitting? what mark/grade did you get last year?
so basically everthing? haha

why are you resitting? what mark/grade did you get last year?

Basically yeah haha. I got a B overall but a D in Unit 1 and an A in Unit 2 and my teacher said it would be wise to resit to try and bring my grade up since i was only 6 marks into a B so if all fails in Unit 3 and Unit 4 (which is most likely will because i hate Mass Media and Crime and Deviance) I should be safe.
Reply 11
Basically yeah haha. I got a B overall but a D in Unit 1 and an A in Unit 2 and my teacher said it would be wise to resit to try and bring my grade up since i was only 6 marks into a B so if all fails in Unit 3 and Unit 4 (which is most likely will because i hate Mass Media and Crime and Deviance) I should be safe.

Smart choice
I really don't want demography to come up:frown:
What is diversity linked to theories...basically what post modernists and the new right say about family diversity?
Original post by xxvine
Smart choice
I really don't want demography to come up:frown:
What is diversity linked to theories...basically what post modernists and the new right say about family diversity?

Me either. Basically yes i think, I'm not a big fan of family diversity and really didn't enjoy learning about it.
Any predictions for unit 2?
Reply 14
Me either. Basically yes i think, I'm not a big fan of family diversity and really didn't enjoy learning about it.

I know you can't predict but i would say theories of the family and couples are due to come up

last came up in 2013
Reply 15
Original post by Snnsnsmsms
Any predictions for unit 2?

i'm asking my teacher this wednesday and i'll post on here. you ask yours as well
Reply 16
I asked my teacher and she said anything could come up since the majority of questions have been asked already.. Not very helpful xD I'm really hoping demography doesn't come up though, one of my least favourite chapters
My teacher and I were discussing predictions today, and he said that childhood is unlikely to come up and that a 24 marker on couples and relationships could possibly come up

I am hoping that demography does not come up as I think that is a horrible topic!
Reply 18
let's hope they go easy on us considering we're the last to sit this exam :frown:
Reply 19
Everyone seems to think that's a reason to be extra harsh with the questions >_<! hopefully not though, I really need to get at least a B in this (got a U on the first paper and an A on the second e.e..)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest