Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My bottle exploded in my bag foday andny textbook is soaked and stinks of it. I used a hairdryer earlier and its dried some partsof it.
    I am going to leave it over night to see what happens.

Can anyone give me any advice on how long it would to dry and if the blackcurrent juice smell will stay. Also, is there a chance of mould growing on it?

ReputationRep:
    Realitvely little chance of mould if you keep it dry from now on, could take until friday morning to dry out properly. Pages mught be sticky or brittle from now on though. Don't know about the smell
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Smell will likely remain if you sniff closely. But hopefully you don't go around sniffing books. Anything spilt will soak into the pages. As mentioned pages will likely be stuck together. You can attempt to leave the book out in the sun to draw out moisture although the pages may also yellow if left too long.

I recommend keeping your drink and books separate in the bag. Either use a plastic folder to protect your books or a bag to isolate your drink.

ReputationRep:
    I dont mind them hardeninb or curving, i can deal with that. I hope the stickness goes away. I am literally going to die right now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acsel)
    Smell will likely remain if you sniff closely. But hopefully you don't go around sniffing books. Anything spilt will soak into the pages. As mentioned pages will likely be stuck together. You can attempt to leave the book out in the sun to draw out moisture although the pages may also yellow if left too long.

I recommend keeping your drink and books separate in the bag. Either use a plastic folder to protect your books or a bag to isolate your drink.
    Sun in the UK, funny. Thanks though
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Rhiannawintrip)
    Sun in the UK, funny. Thanks though
    Well I think our usual few days of summer started this week. Not that I'd know being stuck inside working.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acsel)
    Well I think our usual few days of summer started this week. Not that I'd know being stuck inside working.
    It will more and likely snow next week again
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    It will more and likely snow next week again
    Funny you should say that. I live in the South but one of the outlying villages near me apparently got snow the other week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acsel)
    Funny you should say that. I live in the South but one of the outlying villages near me apparently got snow the other week.
    I live in newcatle amd the snow was terrible
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I live in newcatle amd the snow was terrible
    Not sure if I should be jealous or thankful. Snow would be cool but I don't want to deal with having snow. Especially at 6am when you have to go wipe it all off the car :/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.