The Student Room Group

Is it possible to learn revision notes for one uni module in a day?

So saying that you have already made the notes yourself, do you believe its possible to learn them thoroughly in a single day (and by day i mean 18 hours straight or more)?
(edited 7 years ago)
any ideas?
Reply 2
Anything is possible.
Realistically, unless you have a photographic memory, retaining all of that is going to be hard AF (and that's an understatement)
Not to say, you still can't do it though
I guess it depends on many factors. Are you confident in the subject area at all? Everyone is different. I made revision notes for an exam the night before and I hardly knew anything about the subject area apart from basics (it was entirely new to me and the semester is only two months). I made notes using sticky notes online, took pictures, and went over them for a few hours and before the exam, and I managed to get A+. If you can digest information easily and quickly like me, then its possible. If anything, I think revising intensely a day or so before an exam is better since it is fresh in your memory, but that's just my technique. Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes if you were really clever or you already knew the stuff. learn what you cna although an 18hr cram might be overkill for your brain.
Original post by spv
Anything is possible.
Realistically, unless you have a photographic memory, retaining all of that is going to be hard AF (and that's an understatement)
Not to say, you still can't do it though

yeah i guess so but it's not really a complicated module just learning loads of different statements
Original post by sarkrista112
I guess it depends on many factors. Are you confident in the subject area at all? Everyone is different. I made revision notes for an exam the night before and I hardly knew anything about the subject area apart from basics (it was entirely new to me and the semester is only two months). I made notes using sticky notes online, took pictures, and went over them for a few hours and before the exam, and I managed to get A+. If you can digest information easily and quickly like me, then its possible. If anything, I think revising intensely a day or so before an exam is better since it is fresh in your memory, but that's just my technique. Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that should be fine then, my brain pretty much works like that i can remember a lot in a short period of time but i can only retain it for 5 hours at the most =S
Original post by 999tigger
Yes if you were really clever or you already knew the stuff. learn what you cna although an 18hr cram might be overkill for your brain.

You're probably right tbh
Theres a level at which you need to ive your brain a rest, so take breaks.

Quick Reply