Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

new liberal Ghostbusters trailer, 700k dislikes, 300k likes Watch

ReputationRep:
    its clear the SJW rhetoric is not welcome anymore :lol:

ReputationRep:
    And they still have the token black character who's street smart, loud and ghetto. SJW's retarded as always lol..

ReputationRep:
    I saw the trailer and was mightily disappointed. It's quite possibly the most generic trailer I've seen all year. Obviously the same production house as 22 Jump Street and Spy, and the film obviously climaxes with a completely unnecessary shootout.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erebor)
    And they still have the token black character who's street smart, loud and ghetto. SJW's retarded as always lol..
    I was thinking the same thing - getting a tall, strong, manly looking black woman who pretends to be the tough one of the group isn't exactly going to dispel the stereotypes surrounding black people, is it? Why couldn't we have her being the sophisticated techie and one of the white ones to play the bodybuilder for once...

ReputationRep:
    If you don't like the trailer you are misogyist

ReputationRep:
    Jeez, what's wrong with people, not liking an all women film?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnGreek)
    I was thinking the same thing - getting a tall, strong, manly looking black woman who pretends to be the tough one of the group isn't exactly going to dispel the stereotypes surrounding black people, is it? Why couldn't we have her being the sophisticated techie and one of the white ones to play the bodybuilder for once...
    Like in Transformers where the brainiest people in the world are a hot white woman and a fat black guy...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erebor)
    haha yep

ReputationRep:
    I don't even know what to say.

I guess, i'm not watching this crap?

ReputationRep:
    it looks like it won't be good

not because of the female casting but just the movie itself

ReputationRep:
    This movie is gonna crash big time. Looks like utter crap.

ReputationRep:
    This movie looks crap for a huge amount of reasons, an all female cast is not one of them.

That said Paul Feig managed to get away with selling both Bridesmaids and Spy into success despite being awful scripts by putting female actors in them, why shouldn't he try it again?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 2, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.