Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Finding joy in attending a "prestigious" university...you're just a victim of marketing.

Finding joy in a job that pays above average...while you're withering in an office, building models, hardly sleeping.

You have kids, to live vicariously through them, because hopefully their lives won't be as **** as yours.

And to distract yourself from your rubbish life.
    Companionship, marriage, bragging to friends etc just distractions, no different to fantasizing or taking drugs.

This doesn't depress me though, why would it? It is what it is. In fact, this clarity is what gives me relief. It gives me neutrality, which is as free as you can get.

The ideal life would entail me living alone, paying for sex, and dying with the peace which is obtained by divorcing myself from my bs. Rather than keeping my issues alive by projecting them on others.

ReputationRep:
    Fair do's .. i do find myself wondering what the point of it all is lately and it seems pretty clear there is no point, no meaning to life or existence. No rhyme or reason

Like you live to work hard, which enables you to live some enjoyable moments such as hobbies or relationships or what not all of which are not without stress or effort or endeavor

I wish we understood more about whats beyond our planet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    Fair do's .. i do find myself wondering what the point of it all is lately and it seems pretty clear there is no point, no meaning to life or existence. No rhyme or reason

Like you live to work hard, which enables you to live some enjoyable moments such as hobbies or relationships or what not all of which are not without stress or effort or endeavor

I wish we understood more about whats beyond our planet
    Good point, perhaps it could give perspective.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Pleb and Proud

Pleb and Happy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by W85Y4H3NJ2254)
    Looooool

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by DrownedDeity)
    Finding joy in attending a "prestigious" university...you're just a victim of marketing.

Finding joy in a job that pays above average...while you're withering in an office, building models, hardly sleeping.

You have kids, to live vicariously through them, because hopefully their lives won't be as **** as yours.

And to distract yourself from your rubbish life.
    Companionship, marriage, bragging to friends etc just distractions, no different to fantasizing or taking drugs.

This doesn't depress me though, why would it? It is what it is. In fact, this clarity is what gives me relief. It gives me neutrality, which is as free as you can get.

The ideal life would entail me living alone, paying for sex, and dying with the peace which is obtained by divorcing myself from my bs. Rather than keeping my issues alive by projecting them on others.
    If someone finds joy in the things you have listed, who are you to say that their joy is constructed, therefore wrong?
    Even if it is the result of marketing, then who cares. Happiness is happiness, whether developed through your ideal life or someone else's ideal life. Subjectivity. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hachik0)
    Pleb and Proud

Pleb and Happy
    If that can convince you, then well done.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SinsNotTragedies)
    If someone finds joy in the things you have listed, who are you to say that their joy is constructed, therefore wrong?
    Even if it is the result of marketing, then who cares. Happiness is happiness, whether developed through your ideal life or someone else's ideal life. Subjectivity. :yep:
    Wrong is trivial. Made no mention of wrong.

Just that you're a victim of manipulation, and it can feel good, to be sure, makes no difference though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by DrownedDeity)
    Wrong is trivial. Made no mention of wrong.

Just that you're a victim of manipulation, and it can feel good, to be sure, makes no difference though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can you prove it is manipulation? How can you tell that your belief in your ideals:
    "The ideal life would entail me living alone, paying for sex, and dying with the peace which is obtained by divorcing myself from my bs. Rather than keeping my issues alive by projecting them on others."
    are not the result of manipulation or conditioning?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.