Does Dua count as prayer?

Watch this thread
student.feed
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
When I'm in school, can I make dua instead of praying? Does it count? Kind regards
username2371841
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by student.feed)
When I'm in school, can I make dua instead of praying? Does it count? Kind regards
if its a dua as a supplement ofor praye, like you make dua instead of praying that day them im afraid not, but if its for guidance, or help etc, then that would be useful but it would be classed as a prayer in my opinion
student.feed
Rep:
(Original post by sfaraj)
if its a dua as a supplement ofor praye, like you make dua instead of praying that day them im afraid not, but if its for guidance, or help etc, then that would be useful but it would be classed as a prayer in my opinion
Okay thank you very much
randdom
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I have moved this to the faith and spirituality forum as people might be better able to provide you with an answer to you question there
ash92:)
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Hi

Du'a (supplication) cannot replace Salaah (Islamic prayer). They are both forms of prayer, each having their own method of practice and significance.

In du'a, we ask for what we want - guidance, help, strength, success, forgiveness, and so on - for ourselves and others. In doing so, we hold out our hands, in a state of humility before God, a state of acknowledgement with regards to God being able to do whatever He wills.

Through salah, we spiritually develop ourselves, we are reminded to be humble, we obtain guidance through dhikr (remembrance of, by tongue and mind) of the Quran, we feel invigorated, we regularly do dhikr of God, we are reminded of God and his instructions (thus, facilitating taqwa ), we take out time to detach from the dunya (worldly life) in order to be close to God, we regularly ask for guidance, we regularly ask for blessing (for ourselves and others), we regularly ask for forgiveness (for ourselves and others), and so forth.

As such, doing du'a does not take the place of performing salaah. The du'a is still valid as a supplication, however salaah is still required.
student.feed
Rep:
(Original post by ash92:))
Hi

Du'a (supplication) cannot replace Salaah (Islamic prayer). They are both forms of prayer, each having their own method of practice and significance.

In du'a, we ask for what we want - guidance, help, strength, success, forgiveness, and so on - for ourselves and others. In doing so, we hold out our hands, in a state of humility before God, a state of acknowledgement with regards to God being able to do whatever He wills.

Through salah, we spiritually develop ourselves, we are reminded to be humble, we obtain guidance through dhikr (remembrance of, by tongue and mind) of the Quran, we feel invigorated, we regularly do dhikr of God, we are reminded of God and his instructions (thus, facilitating taqwa ), we take out time to detach from the dunya (worldly life) in order to be close to God, we regularly ask for guidance, we regularly ask for blessing (for ourselves and others), we regularly ask for forgiveness (for ourselves and others), and so forth.

As such, doing du'a does not take the place of performing salaah. The du'a is still valid as a supplication, however salaah is still required.
Thank you
ash92:)
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (40)
26.32%
As I expected (49)
32.24%
Harder (56)
36.84%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
4.61%

Watched Threads