Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty confused regarding St George's University of London. I had a look at St George's nursing degree but it links me to Kingston University London, why does that happen? It might be because it's early but I just don't get why one university will link to another, are they the same faculty under different names?

Also, would I apply to St George's or Kingston? This is just pretty confusing for me

ReputationRep:
    So St Georges and Kingston share a joint healthcare facility. Things like physiotherapy and paramedic science are taught at St Georges fully, radiography students spend the first three months at St Georges then the rest at Kingston but they get their degree awarded from St Georges.

Although nursing is technically joint it is only delivered at Kingston and you will be awarded a degree from Kingston University. Apply to or the other, they are the same provider in your case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harinimnida)
    So St Georges and Kingston share a joint healthcare facility. Things like physiotherapy and paramedic science are taught at St Georges fully, radiography students spend the first three months at St Georges then the rest at Kingston but they get their degree awarded from St Georges.

Although nursing is technically joint it is only delivered at Kingston and you will be awarded a degree from Kingston University. Apply to or the other, they are the same provider in your case.
    Right! Ha thanks for clearing that up, I've only looked at courses closer to my home and I've never come across a partnership before. Would the work placement be at St George's?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pugpizza)
    Right! Ha thanks for clearing that up, I've only looked at courses closer to my home and I've never come across a partnership before. Would the work placement be at St George's?
    Honestly they can send you to over 10 different places so it's best to see if they have the placement list on kingstons website. I got an offer for radiography so I only have a list of those hospitals which will be different to the nursing ones so I don't know where you can be placed :s

ReputationRep:
    As above, nursing is only taught at Kingston. Placements are divided into North, South. East and West Zones. Depending on where you live you will be allocated the closest zone. Different branches have different rules ie for LD and MH you will be expected to travel within all four zones. Adult and child tend to stay within the allocated zone but there is some movement within that to ensure that you get a good spread of different placements. Main hospitals for placements are St Georges, Kingston, Epsom and St. Helier, sometimes the Marsden and also some private hospitals. You also have to do community placements.
    You will need to apply to Kingston for nursing not St. Georges. The two universities are combined and you will be a student of both uni's.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 5, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.