Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Its not particularly difficult to interpret how interference occurs when using a sinusoidal or cos (custodial?) function. Though what i am not sure about is how exactly interference occurs in terms of a microscopic level. For destructive interference do the particles obliterate one another & for constructive interference do they merge together?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Paranoid_Glitch)
    Its not particularly difficult to interpret how interference occurs when using a sinusoidal or cos (custodial?) function. Though what i am not sure about is how exactly interference occurs in terms of a microscopic level. For destructive interference do the particles obliterate one another & for constructive interference do they merge together?
    Why particles? in terms of ordinary superposition, it is a wave. Even for microscopic level. The waves, which are sinusoidal as a rule, are classified by a wave peak and a wave trough. Destrcutive interference comes into being when a wave trough interfere with a wave peak, That leads to an obliteration. In turn, a contructive interference comes into being when a wave trough interefere with another wave trough or a wave peak with another wave peak. That leads to an amplification.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    Why particles? in terms of ordinary superposition, it is a wave. Even for microscopic level. The waves, which are sinusoidal as a rule, are classified by a wave peak and a wave trough. Destrcutive interference comes into being when a wave trough interfere with a wave peak, That leads to an obliteration. In turn, a contructive interference comes into being when a wave trough interefere with another wave trough or a wave peak with another wave peak. That leads to an amplification.
    Thanks.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Thanks.
    You are welcome! Maybe you are interest to know something about the path difference of two waves? whenever the pathdifference is multiple of a whole wave, the interference is constructive, the waves are amplified. Whenever the path difference is a multiple of a half wave, the interference is destructive, the waves are obliterated.

ReputationRep:
    You are welcome! Maybe you are interest to know something about the path difference of two waves? whenever the pathdifference is multiple of a whole wave, the interference is constructive, the waves are amplified. Whenever the path difference is a multiple of a half wave, the interference is destructive, the waves are obliterated.
    Haha thank's for that as well. Learning new things

ReputationRep:
    One more question though?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Haha thank's for that as well. Learning new things
    That was my intention when I was telling you that.

One more question though?
    About interference again? spite it out.

ReputationRep:
    That was my intention when I was telling you that.

About interference again? spite it out.
    Actually electricity?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Actually electricity?
    I am all ears. Although that would surely nothing have to do with interference, ask your question about electricity.

ReputationRep:
    I am all ears. Although that would surely nothing have to do with interference, ask your question about electricity.
    A resistor Y has a diameter of D and a length of L. A resistor Z has a diameter of 2D and length of 2L. Find the ratio of the mean drift velocity (V=I/nAe). Mean Drift Velocity Of Ressitor Y/ Mean Drift Velocity Of Resistor Z.

ReputationRep:
    This particular quantum phomena I am not too confident with however I will try, when the particle is in superposition it is invincible against all particles of the universe using heisenbergs uncertinity princicple I can conclude that thought waves in heaven and Christian science do exist!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.