Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This is actully a question from my 21 year old sister, she's lost/misplaced her Theory Test certificate. What can she do. She hasn't booked her test yet. We were just wondering.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Bekkiblu)
    This is actully a question from my 21 year old sister, she's lost/misplaced her Theory Test certificate. What can she do. She hasn't booked her test yet. We were just wondering.
    I believe this is what she will need to do here. That'll give her the number, she'll also need to order a replacement certificate (I think it can be done through the same service perhaps!) for when she does her test.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekkiblu)
    She will need to re-sit her theory test again. The reason is that the Theory test providers are a private firm providing the computer tests on behalf of the DSA (Driving standards Agency) Neither keeps records of who has passed etc. So that certificate can not be replaced and is essential for the test. They will cancel the test without it.

That's why you need to bring the certificate to the practical test, because the DSA has no record of you having passed the theory test. The certificate is your only proof.

Please hope she finds her certificate or its back to square one. Thats what happened to my friend but luckily he passed second time with an even higher score!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ambitious1999)
    She will need to re-sit her theory test again. The reason is that the Theory test providers are a private firm providing the computer tests on behalf of the DSA (Driving standards Agency) Neither keeps records of who has passed etc. So that certificate can not be replaced and is essential for the test. They will cancel the test without it.

That's why you need to bring the certificate to the practical test, because the DSA has no record of you having passed the theory test. The certificate is your only proof.

Please hope she finds her certificate or its back to square one. Thats what happened to my friend but luckily he passed second time with an even higher score!
    Utter [email protected]

Just apply for a new one for booking the practical test, and get a replacement sent out for when she has the test.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad

(Original post by shaymarriott)
    Utter [email protected]

Just apply for a new one for booking the practical test, and get a replacement sent out for when she has the test.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That is incorrect. If you go to the service which I linked above, you enter your names, license number, and date of birth, and it will tell you your theory test certificate number. It is on a database, and you can even see when you took your test, at what time, where...

Yes, you need your certificate to sit your practical test but you do not have to resit the theory test to get another certificate.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by shaymarriott)
    Utter [email protected]

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry, totally misread your response :rofl: Basically :ditto: to you! xD

ReputationRep:

Bullcrap. Don't post advice on things you know nothing about.

Just order a replacement certificate from DVSA

More info here:
    https://www.gov.uk/find-theory-test-pass-number

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XMaramena)
    Bullcrap. Don't post advice on things you know nothing about.

Just order a replacement certificate from DVSA

More info here:
    https://www.gov.uk/find-theory-test-pass-number
    My friend phoned his driving school and was told by a very rude member of staff they'd have to re-sit the test, pay the fee and was more or less accused of trying to fiddle his way to getting a pass certificate for free.

He asked to speak to the chief instructor who apologised for the rude colleague, but was told he should be more careful next time and keep things in order so they don't get lost.

However he passed second time and got an even higher score than originally so he had the last laugh!

ReputationRep:
    Lost my theory certificate but then loged in to Gov they gave me a reference and using that booked my practical, shouldn't be issues should it if they already send me email conforming time and date for the test
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Yayo9/11)
    Lost my theory certificate but then loged in to Gov they gave me a reference and using that booked my practical, shouldn't be issues should it if they already send me email conforming time and date for the test
    Probably not, but the rules do state you need to bring your certificate with you. Anecdotally I can say I wasn't asked to produce mine, probably because to book a test you have to provide the reference at the time, but you never know when you'll get a dodgy examiner who's incredibly strict - get a replacement just to be on the safe side.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    My advice to people which think they might lose their theory certificate is TAKE A PHOTO OF IT! Then you're less likely to lose the theory certificate number!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.