Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

business idea - custom made bras & underwear watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have a business idea and I would really appreciate your honest opinion!

We are a small team of women who would like to create a custom made lingerie brand that would sell online and would fill in an existing gap in the mass produced bra and lingerie market. We would like to create beautiful and comfortable bras (and matching knickers) that would fit (1) women with full breasts and slim figures who at the moment have a lot of trouble finding bras (2) curvier women with smaller breasts who are looking for a bra with a cup smaller than C or D, (3) women who require a post-surgery bra after undergoing breast reduction, augmentation, or mastectomy and (4) women who need mastectomy bras for use with breast prosthesis forms.

This is how it would work: You would have a choice between either (a) measuring yourself, typing in your measurements and picking your body shape from a list of options on our website or (b) sending a picture of your bust in a bra which would then be “measured” by a specially designed software (we are looking at software possibilities at the moment).

You would pick a style and colour, and in 4-6 weeks you would receive your perfectly fitted and custom made bra.

What do you think? Could it work as a business? And how much would you be willing to pay for a custom made bra?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    swimwear as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by egoclips)
    swimwear as well
    If it goes well, why not? Thanks for replying! :-)

ReputationRep:
    I think it sounds like a good idea. And there will likely be many women out there willing to pay decent money for properly fitting bras, as like you said at the moment there is a gap in the market and some women really struggle to get anything in their size.

I personally don't struggle to find my size, so I wouldn't pay more than £30 for a set. And that would be as a treat to be honest.

It is however I think a great gift idea.

I think yes it could work. But do some good research and get some professional advice. The majority of new businesses fail within the first couple of years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    I think it sounds like a good idea. And there will likely be many women out there willing to pay decent money for properly fitting bras, as like you said at the moment there is a gap in the market and some women really struggle to get anything in their size.

I personally don't struggle to find my size, so I wouldn't pay more than £30 for a set. And that would be as a treat to be honest.

It is however I think a great gift idea.

I think yes it could work. But do some good research and get some professional advice. The majority of new businesses fail within the first couple of years.
    I've figure out your future job!

General Advise Giver.

Easily one of the best TSR users....just saying...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trustmeimlying1)
    I've figure out your future job!

General Advise Giver.

Easily one of the best TSR users....just saying...
    No one pays me though.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 5, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.