Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do girls care about anniversaries a lot more than guys do? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Women remember and care about anniversaries a lot more than guys. Not just dates but places, people and things that are associated with the history of their relationship...

ReputationRep:
    Do you have any statistics for this "fact"?

(And even if they do, why's it such a bad thing to cherish and care about the good times of a relationship? Why not put a little extra effort in?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saladays)

(And even if they do, why's it such a bad thing to cherish and care about the good times of a relationship? Why not put a little extra effort in?)
    alot of women seem to blow up their social media with their anniversary presents and how their partner is the best in the world (for the time being at least) to seek attention, i would say thats a red flag

ReputationRep:
    Because it means something to us?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straighthate)
    alot of women seem to blow up their social media with their anniversary presents and how their partner is the best in the world (for the time being at least) to seek attention
    Lmao, thanks for the stats, hun.

ReputationRep:
    Lmao, thanks for the stats, hun.
    are you the type of person who also needs a parachute to be double blind tested?

ReputationRep:
    because they're naturally more emotional and sentimental

ReputationRep:
    Opposite in my family so you're chatting ****.

My dad always got really offended when my mum forgot their anniversary and would always buy a card and stuff for her. He was a **** the rest of the time but still...

ReputationRep:
    I don't think this should be a gendered issue. Some people are sentimental and affectionate and they show that through celebrating significant moments of a relationship where others may not. Valentines Day, an anniversary of sort, is marketed to both men and women. When married, both men and women have pressure to buy gifts or whatever and so on..

ReputationRep:

Why did you put "fact" in quotes as if he said it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    Why did you put "fact" in quotes as if he said it
    I don't mean he said "fact", I mean he said it like it was a fact. He is saying that women literally do care more. He's making a statement that he believes to be true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Popcorns)
    Opposite in my family so you're chatting ****.

My dad always got really offended when my mum forgot their anniversary and would always buy a card and stuff for her. He was a **** the rest of the time but still...
    It's pretty obvious that he's not saying it's the case in every single couple

idc about anniversaries.Its just a day,like any other.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    by the way,i'm a girl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erebor)
    Women remember and care about anniversaries a lot more than guys. Not just dates but places, people and things that are associated with the history of their relationship...
    Are you a supreme gentleman?

ReputationRep:
    It is a fact that females are more emotional.

ReputationRep:
    idk

I've never met a male that said he likes valentines day either.

Ngl I can't even remember the dates of my exams, like I'm going to remember actual dates and places and **** :rofl:

Well, maybe when the right one comes along

Women are more sentimental.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NewcastleFresher)
    Are you a supreme gentleman?
    I order my custom made fedoras from the finest tailors in Zurich.

ReputationRep:
    GENERALISATIONS INCOMING!!! NO offence meant to anyone

But anyways it goes a little something like this

1) generally girls are more attached to emotional aspects of life, and guys are more attached to physical aspects /material of life
    2) anniversaries hold an important significance emotionally
    3) girls will feel a stronger attachment to them

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.