Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you think about people who upload selfies? Watch

ReputationRep:
    To Facebook, Instagram etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hmm it depends really.. if they do it all the time and think they are amazing and so good looking then nahh... but if its a rarity and they are modest then I'm up for it xx

ReputationRep:
    Pathetic narcasistic atomic self obsessed individuals asking for confirmation about how good they look

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It has literally no impact on my life

ReputationRep:
    People can do what they want. If they think they look good and want to upload a selfie then they have every right to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    It has literally no impact on my life
    (Original post by phantomkaboodle)
    People can do what they want. If they think they look good and want to upload a selfie then they have every right to.
    +1 Blondie and phantom know what's up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KaminiZindagi)
    Pathetic narcasistic atomic self obsessed individuals asking for confirmation about how good they look

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Suppose someone has no clear picture of themselves, what do you suggest they use should they wish to upload a 'profile' picture on a social media platform ?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    If someone thinks they look awesome and badass and they want to upload a picture then go ahead!!! :ahee: Work it girl (or boy)!

I also really love creeping and looking at people's selfies. Also love it when people upload selfies of their gorgeous makeup or outfit, it is eye candy and inspiration. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    It depends. Sometimes it can be simply a way of keeping a memory of that time - say, friends at a club taking a selfie, or a couple taking a selfie in front of a landmark on holiday.

But usually I find selfies so annoying and dry - it's like eating at McDonalds - people just follow others in eating there and doing something that gives them absolutely no benefit, whilst showing others their lack of intelligence (in that respect).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chicken Bacon)
    Suppose someone has no clear picture of themselves, what do you suggest they use should they wish to upload a 'profile' picture on a social media platform ?
    pathetic..

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is a personal bugbear of mine I can't bear it when people take selfies! I just think it is so narcissistic... Unfortunately, pretty much everyone seems to do it

ReputationRep:
    It depends lol.
    I just generally love looking at attractive girls, and staring at their pictures (idk why lol) and I know this may sound sad but I actually have an instagram account just to look at attractive girls pictures. I am not too bothered/care about guys uploading pictures of themselves, sometimes it actually annoys me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littlenorthernlass)
    This is a personal bugbear of mine I can't bear it when people take selfies! I just think it is so narcissistic... Unfortunately, pretty much everyone seems to do it
    So you don't/never have taken a selfie?

ReputationRep:
    Depends if it's followed by 'pls compliment me'

Don't think it's narcissistic, and even if it was, if you look good why not practice a bit of self love.

ReputationRep:
    It's really helpful for deciding if randomers that add you on facebook are hawt or nah

really tho idc

ReputationRep:
    go for it, its your fb/twitter/instagram etc, you post what you like, its not like it takes long to scroll past it if you dont want to look

ReputationRep:
    With the amount of trash they like and post in-between, I rarely get to see them. Not sure why people do upload so many though, particularly if it is with some lame camera, since the people who see them usually see the person most days.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.