Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I'm and 18 year old guy who is about 6ft4 and weighs around 12 stone. I'm really skinny and everyone around me who I have known for a few years are getting ripped. I know a lot of people will say eat more but I eat a ton of food. Is there anything I can do to fill out or will it just take time?

ReputationRep:
    Workouts hide the bones + eat 110% of daily recommendation as your working out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ILikePasta)
    So I'm and 18 year old guy who is about 6ft4 and weighs around 12 stone. I'm really skinny and everyone around me who I have known for a few years are getting ripped. I know a lot of people will say eat more but I eat a ton of food. Is there anything I can do to fill out or will it just take time?
    How much are you eating? Three square meals a day really won't cut it, and if you're working out lots you need to increase your intake to compensate. What is your protein intake like? This is essential for building muscle mass. How much are you working out, and what sort of workouts are you participating in? Running or cycling will tone and keep you healthy, but will also keep you skinny. You want to be lifting and perhap considering a contact sport like Rugby to build up your endurance, especially at your height! Actually, something like basketball could be very well suited, and becoming part of a team who regularly build could be the kind of encouragement and guidance you need.

Don't be too concerned about it, though. My boyfriend and his younger brother (21 and 18 respectively, also both 6'4") are completely different builds just because his brother hasn't filled out yet. Puberty is a long process and unfortunately not something you can rush!

ReputationRep:
    Keep lifting and eat more then, mate. Track your calories. Not gaining despite eating 2500 calories a day? Step it up a few hundred and weigh yourself once a week after the morning pee on an empty stomach. If you're not gaining still, repeat the process.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.