Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I'm doing triple science and I like it, but the thing is I'm only a B grade, how can I get myself to an A* grade?One thing to point out,for some absurd reason I DO NOT ENJOY revising Science I just find it so boring, so how can I revise and get an A*?I know this is a weird situation, but please I need help.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by theBranicAc)
    So I'm doing triple science and I like it, but the thing is I'm only a B grade, how can I get myself to an A* grade?One thing to point out,for some absurd reason I DO NOT ENJOY revising Science I just find it so boring, so how can I revise and get an A*?I know this is a weird situation, but please I need help.
    Finding it boring must be the mentality installed by previous experiences with the subject, or perhaps you don't have the most interesting teachers. My first suggestion would be to work out what type of learner you are, which methods of revising suit you best. You can do some online quizes to find this out quite easily. Some people likes reading from a text book, others prefer watching YouTube videos.

Unfortunately, whether this method bores you or not, practising the past papers for your subject is the most effective way to revise. It gives you an idea of what sort of questions/topics come up, and it gives you good practise on exam technique. You can do these past papers however you want. I strongly recommend you attempt them in exam conditions, then go through the mark scheme comparing your answers to them afterwards.

You should pace yourself during revision. Perhaps a nice structured timetable will help. Answer some past paper questions for half an hour then take 10 minutes break. This is just an idea to make sure you don't get bored. Me personally, I can only put my full attention into revision late at night.

I hope this helps. Feel free to quote me if you have any questions

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.