Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I met a girl through a walking group a while ago, she seemed very keen to be friends but is quite flaky in keeping in contact. I texted her the other day and it took her 2 days to reply. I understand people have lives which I am not bothered about. What I don't get is she had been on Facebook a lot in the meantime, shared and liked pictures, had logged online to the walking group and had been on what's app. Her reply was very vague too. Whilst I understand now she isn't that bothered about me how long should I leave it to reply to her? I just feel like I keep making all of the effort.

Anyone?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I met a girl through a walking group a while ago, she seemed very keen to be friends but is quite flaky in keeping in contact. I texted her the other day and it took her 2 days to reply. I understand people have lives which I am not bothered about. What I don't get is she had been on Facebook a lot in the meantime, shared and liked pictures, had logged online to the walking group and had been on what's app. Her reply was very vague too. Whilst I understand now she isn't that bothered about me how long should I leave it to reply to her? I just feel like I keep making all of the effort.
    I know that I am not good at keeping contact with my friends, she may just be one of those people.
    But if you think she isn't that keen, maybe just forget about it; if you're having to make all the effort it isn't worth it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    It seems to be she just simply is not interested. forget her, if she wants to text you she will x
    If you still want to proceed the friendship then try talking to her about it- Obviously this depends on how close u are.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 6, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.