Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to New York this summer (for a second time) and am looking for ideas of things to do! Last time I went, I did all the touristy stuff (Central Park, Empire State building, ground zero, times square, etc). We will be doing some of that again (because my mum and sister havent been before) but I want to do some other stuff that I havent done before. Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    Go down into an underground station at night. Always curious what you would find there.

ReputationRep:
    Take the ferry to the Satue of Liberty, go see a play on or off Broadway?

ReputationRep:
    ooo i went a few months ago...go and stand outside the MTV building and make a sign and be on TRL!
    its not as fun wen its pissing down with rain but i saw new found glory and brittany murphy through the window

Well your family will want to see all the things that you've seen before, and i wouldn't advice drifting off from them and being alone in New York if you don't know it. If you get to decide what to drag everybody else to then it really depends on your intrests, for all i know you could be a book fanatic and want to go off to a library more than anything.

ReputationRep:
    go to Sleepy Hollow or sit by the bank of the Tappan Zee river for some true sense of Irvingite New York

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icklehc)
    ooo i went a few months ago...go and stand outside the MTV building and make a sign and be on TRL!
    its not as fun wen its pissing down with rain but i saw new found glory and brittany murphy through the window
    I was there too only the guest was Avril Lavigne. I also went to the official MTV store and bought myself a sweater. It's soooo comfortable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    I'm going to New York this summer (for a second time) and am looking for ideas of things to do! Last time I went, I did all the touristy stuff (Central Park, Empire State building, ground zero, times square, etc). We will be doing some of that again (because my mum and sister havent been before) but I want to do some other stuff that I havent done before. Any ideas?
    Have you been to any of the beach towns like Long Island and Greenport? There's quite a lot of other 'touristy stuff' that you might not have done such as visiting those endless national state parks/forests and millions of museums . If you like the theatre make sure you go to Westchester Broadway Theatre. I'm pretty sure when you get there you'll find lots of events/places you still haven't been.

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.