IGCSE First English Language 0522/02 May/June 2016 Unofficial Mark Scheme
________________________________ ________________________________ __
Letter beginning with Dear friend...
What were her first impressions of the hotel and the staff?
Al was generous as he waited in the airport for the guests to arrive, quite unusual.
The Gardners discussion was nice
Pre-arranged journey after airport
Al seemed to care about her neck pain and tried to improve stay whenever Al could
Hotels dining room was good
The landscape and artwork
But impression that it was all 'put on' by Al.
And perhaps a problem staff wise due to the half full booking...
What was her husband's attitude and behaviour like? And what were her feelings towards it?
Threw a tantrum at market at her
Child like immature/irresponsible
Pressured Al into putting him in group
During dinner said that Als plans were boring
Refused to hike due to rubble on top of the hill- rude
Refused to go to the animal sanctuary
Arrogance lead to injuries in rafting
What were her plans for the remaining week?
To collect him from hospital
Fill out any medical forms
To persuade him not to file a complaint
To go to the airport by Friday to go home
Spend remaining days writing notebook
Spend remaining days with bees and seeing how she can help
.Explore the history and area of the place
Leave a good reputation after her husband, before she leaves
Visit the animal sanctuary
Hike on the hill that her husband refused to go
And a signed off letter with anything like 'Lots of Love'
Staged scenes: carefully put together, dramatic like a play.
Laced with sunlight: lit beautifully, lace is something fine and expensive, special, high quality, romantic...But also pure and spiritual due to connotations of light
Half-forgotten sandy roads; like a picture book - nostalgic - movie like and also old/ ancient due to sand gathering on it
Conjuring a charming mirage - skillfully constructed, like a wizard; impressive,magical
White-washed walls: alliteration highlighting how perfectly painted they are. Purity due to connotations of white and sense of religion/spiritual.
Embroidered gowns: fine detail, links to silk.Imagery of a fairytale kingdom
Bits of cloth - cheap, incomplete material, poverty
Rainbow of produce - varied, colourful, wide range of produces/ dishes
Beehive that was the old town - busy, all working hard and quickly going their separate ways
Straggling market stalls - slow, like someone losing a race
Tatty trinkets - useless bits, cheap and cheesy, badly made
1. 30% of crops rely on bees like apples cherries
2. They use natural pollination
3. Without them could be global starvation
4. They help grow and produce healthy foods
5. The honey they produce is used in medicines
6. They can show us our environmental health
7. Help make costs for farmers steady/ under control?
8. Bees are essentially free labour for the food industry
10. Chemicals and pesticides which alter their behavior fatally
11. Lack of genetic pool- susceptible to diease
12. The blood-sucking mite
13. Lack of nutritious bee friendly flowers
14. Transportation of hives which causes stress
15. Putting bees in cities will leave wild bees with less nectar
16. Climate change and bizzare local weather
17. Fungal infections so viruses
18. Increase in bees in city restricting nectar available for wild honeybees
________________________________ ________________________________ _
/5 if you wrote 200-250 words, used all the points and was concise.
Turn on thread page Beta
IGCSE First English Language 0522/02 May/June 2016 Unofficial Mark Scheme watch
- Thread Starter
- 05-05-2016 19:14
- 06-05-2016 15:34
What time did you take the exam on Tuesday?
- Thread Starter
- 06-05-2016 20:03
I took the exam at 12:30pm.