Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    Well then you should understand why Kates and Dani feel so strongly.
    I do understand i just dont share thier enthuseasm for that particular subject

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    Do you study your subject because you love it? If so you're excluded.
    I do, does that mean I'm excluded
    I can't help I love to write *runs off crying*

ReputationRep:
    All those textbooks flying around and this eedjit reckons he can do it on two pages.

ReputationRep:
    Bullcrap and you know it. Linear interpolation? Vectors? And what about the other module? I'd like to see this...
    You obiously do a different sylaus to him, because he is right for the sylabus i do (OCR)

ReputationRep:
    Bullcrap and you know it. Linear interpolation? Vectors? And what about the other module? I'd like to see this...
    Linear interpolation is common sense!

Vectors is GCSE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cobra01977)
    You obiously do a different sylaus to him, because he is right for the sylabus i do (OCR)
    Yeah I do AQA. The challenging one.

ReputationRep:
    i think that is a bad thing about society, i think the govenment shouldnt be encouragning more people to go to univerisity, they should encourage those who want to go for a reason, but i know quite a few people whoi are goin cos everyone else is.
    I would agree with you but then if I agreed with you that probably means i shouldn't be at university. I never wanted to go uni but decided it would be best option in terms of getting a job, now I am there I am doing very well on my course and enjoying the acacemedic side of it if not the social side.

The reason I didn't want to go to university was because I assumed I was never clever enough. My college pushed me and I am glad they did now.

What drives me mad is the people that go to university just for the social life, most of these drop out in the first or second year and its these people that are costing society a lot of money. Lets it face it you don't need to go to university for a social life.

ReputationRep:
    English might help here - syllabus

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danithestudent)
    I do, does that mean I'm excluded
    I can't help I love to write *runs off crying*
    I love my organic chemistry as well

ReputationRep:
    All those textbooks flying around and this eedjit reckons he can do it on two pages.
    You could put it on two pages.

ReputationRep:
    Out come the compasses & protractors! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    That seems pointlessly hard
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    i know quite a few people who are goin cos everyone else is.
    That's happened for decades though...and some people arrive and find that the environment at a university helps them excel in a way they could never have predicted...some people have the most definate goals ("I'm going to be a lawyer") and start studying the subject that they're going to be immersed in for 3 yrs and realise that it isn't for them or even that they can't cope with the learning methods and end up dropping out or at the least not fulfilling their potential.

It's impossible to make a value judgement on what someone else gets out of university - on the surface they might appear to be taking the p*ss for 3 yrs while underneath they're coming to terms with their adult self in a way that they could never have done at home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    I would agree with you but then if I agreed with you that probably means i shouldn't be at university. I never wanted to go uni but decided it would be best option in terms of getting a job, now I am there I am doing very well on my course and enjoying the acacemedic side of it if not the social side.

The reason I didn't want to go to university was because I assumed I was never clever enough. My college pushed me and I am glad they did now.

What drives me mad is the people that go to university just for the social life, most of these drop out in the first or second year and its these people that are costing society a lot of money. Lets it face it you don't need to go to university for a social life.
    I'm not blaming anybody at university, at there is a need to go to university to get a degree to get a job you dont need a degree for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    I can do english, i just can spell, i got an A at GCSE, god knows how with the way i spell, but i can write good essays so guess that whats did it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    Do you study your subject because you love it? If so you're excluded.
    I chose Chemistry A-level after my chemistry teacher had a lengthy discussion with me, discussing my future whilst pointing me in the direction of the subject. I had a difficult time choosing A-level subjects. (I changed courses a total of four times.) This was after the GCSE's and way after we made our A-level options. I was told that I was a very good chemist - one of the best he'd seen in a long time - and could go on much further. He told me I should get into Oxford to do chemistry if I wanted to.

I chose a Chemistry degree because it seemed to be the least worst option. It was also my best chance to get into Oxford. Being competent enough in the subject not minding spending four or five years doing an undergraduate degree, I applied.

I got the Oxford offer. I'm happy enough.

J.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    These bloody ignorant science students :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not blaming anybody at university, at there is a need to go to university to get a degree to get a job you dont need a degree for.
    Not to start an argument, but... what would you suggest people who are interested in media did? The options for us are to do a degree in media or...

any suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    That seems pointlessly hard
    Better preparation for university.

Dave, prove it. Go on. You can't can you. Apart from scanning or downloading the syllabus. Oh yeah very clever.

ReputationRep:
    I can do english, i just can spell, i got an A at GCSE, god knows how with the way i spell, but i can write good essays so guess that whats did it.
    who cares, dont neg rep her, but tinykates dont correct his english either

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 2, 2004
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.