media studies IS NOT A MICKEY MOUSE SUBJECT Watch

This discussion is closed.
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by *dave*)
Mate, Ive done it too! I got my A at AS but I dont brag it around. AS Level is not hard. Im not going to pointlessly prove it to you.
I never said AS was hard, but in your arrogant mind you dismiss it as "easy" and "two pages". Hmm I wonder about your bragging comment...
cobra
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by hornblower)
Exam boards probably started using the term specification instead of syllabus because people thought syllabus was a difficult word.

J.
I find that word even harder to spell, funny, i can spell 2,4-dinitrophenylhydrazine but not specification
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I going to bed now so I can go to sleep and wake up and find out I still haven't got any interviews through from any of the three Universities left to contact me.
Night xxx
JSM
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
Oi you robbed that quote off me!
and i attributed it to someone, btw i totally retract that post before i get slaughtered, tinykates is in no way annoying
*dave*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I never said AS was hard, but in your arrogant mind you dismiss it as "easy" and "two pages". Hmm I wonder about your bragging comment...
You can question my grades all you want lol. I know what I got.

Maths is easier than business studies in my opinion - dismissing business studies as mickey mouse when it clearly needs more revision and preparation is ignorance.

Arrogant mind? :rolleyes:
TK
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Danithestudent)
I going to bed now so I can go to sleep and wake up and find out I still haven't got any interviews through from any of the three Universities left to contact me.
Night xxx
night night dani
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by fred0202)
I always thought edexcel was harder.
NEAB makes them all look like a walk in the park...the entire 2 yr syllabus in 2 3 hour exams on consecutive days.

I'd probably get straight As if I did it under the new system (note this comment is complete bull**** (I've been drinking - hence the ranty posts) I'm crap at applying myself consistently over long periods of time...plus it took my about 6 months to get my head around differentiation ("what you mean it's just the equation for the gradient....why didn't you just say so?"))

*wanders off gibbering about the good old days and bumping off walls*

*grinning *
cobra
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Tinykates)
night night dani
Sweet dreams
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
You can question my grades all you want lol. I know what I got.

Maths is easier than business studies in my opinion - dismissing business studies as mickey mouse when it clearly needs more revision and preparation is ignorance.

Arrogant mind? :rolleyes:
I could quite easily dismiss Business Studies. "Basket weaving". "Flower arranging". "The weather report". "Foundation Economics". Yeah I take Economics, it's harder than any of the work I've seen in Business Studies. I mean, my mate in Business Studies ask me for help!

I could dismiss it but I don't. It's a perfectly good discipline and not a two page job either.
hornblower
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Harry Potter)
Yeah, they're watering down loads of modules right accross the board, even the further maths ones, because maths is perceived as too hard. The pure modules (P1, P2 etc.) are being replaced by core modules (C1, C2 etc.) and loads of stuff is being removed. The current P1 module covers C1 and about 75% of C2.
Indeed, unfortunately. The chief examiner for Edexcel maths told us that they were making A-level maths easier to encourage more students. They have effectively got rid of P6 and spread the content of our current five pure modules over six easier ones, including a non-calculator first core paper.

This is terrible news. Lowering standards to make maths more appealing - is not maths meant to be a challenging and rewarding A-level?

J.
fred0202
Report 15 years ago
I always thought AQA was quite easy, if you do P1, P2, S1, P4, P5, S4, which is the most common one, you don't do complex numbers, polar coordinates, matrix algebra, things like that but I thought on OCR and edexcel you do these things?
cobra
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by hornblower)
Indeed, unfortunately. The chief examiner for Edexcel maths told us that they were making A-level maths easier to encourage more students. They have effectively got rid of P6 and spread the content of our current five pure modules over six easier ones, including a non-calculator first core paper.

This is terrible news. Lowering standards to make maths more appealing - is not maths meant to be a challenging and rewarding A-level?

J.
I totally agree, its the same in physics, it has no maths in hardly,a nd in chem, they need to find another way of attracting people
*dave*
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I could quite easily dismiss Business Studies. "Basket weaving". "Flower arranging". "The weather report". "Foundation Economics". Yeah I take Economics, it's easier than any of the work I've seen in Business Studies. I mean, my mate in Business Studies ask me for help!

I could dismiss it but I don't. It's a perfectly good discipline and not a two page job either.
I never said business was a two page job and it certainly isn't.
cobra
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I always thought AQA was quite easy, if you do P1, P2, S1, P4, P5, S4, which is the most common one, you don't do complex numbers, polar coordinates, matrix algebra, things like that but I thought on OCR and edexcel you do these things?
I do OCR and do P1 P2 P3 S1 M1 M2 but never cover those things, on OCR they are in and P5 P6
*dave*
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
No mech? Youre missing out lol.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I could quite easily dismiss Business Studies. "Basket weaving". "Flower arranging". "The weather report". "Foundation Economics". Yeah I take Economics, it's easier than any of the work I've seen in Business Studies. I mean, my mate in Business Studies ask me for help!

I wanted to study it at A2 but they only told us we could do AS in year two of my AVCE so I missed out on the A2. I got a B in AS. I didn't find it rocket science but at the same time I didn't find it that easy. I did do a bit of revision but probably not the standard of what is espected as AS. I guess A2 may be much harder though. I did find AS Business Studies challanging but just not as much as I expecpted. I do wonder how I would have gone on if I studied A level geography and computing.
*dave*
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
I wanted to study it at A2 but they only told us we could do AS in year two of my AVCE so I missed out on the A2. I got a B in AS. I didn't find it rocket science but at the same time I didn't find it that easy. I did do a bit of revision but probably not the standard of what is espected as AS. I guess A2 may be much harder though. I did find AS Business Studies challanging but just not as much as I expecpted. I do wonder how I would have gone on if I studied A level geography and computing.
Do you do maths? There is no comparison. Business is harder hands down.
fred0202
Report 15 years ago
No mech? Youre missing out lol.
I sampled a bit of that in physics, I hated it.
cobra
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
I find my A2s no harder than AS its just continuation with more material
*dave*
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I sampled a bit of that in physics, I hated it.
Stats is a lot nicer - but more boring lol.
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (215)
12.49%
Excited (157)
9.12%
Worried (306)
17.77%
Terrified (382)
22.18%
Meh (173)
10.05%
Confused (37)
2.15%